Senior Program Manager: Informatics
Job Description SummarySenior Program Manager: Informatics
This is an important role in the BD Biosciences PMO, with direct visibility at the executive leadership of the BD Biosciences business unit. We are seeking an innovative, passionate, and highly capable individual with a proven track record of sustained success in the execution of complex cross functional new product development programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates program management best practices and contributes to improving the product development process.
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives.
- Evaluates cross-platform projects to identify potential conflicts and mitigation opportunities.
- Helps define and evaluate the roles, responsibilities, goals and deliverables for core and extended team members.
- Develops presentations and communicates program updates to functional management and executive leadership.
- Helps define program resource/budget needs and helps negotiate program resourcing/budget plans.
- Works in concert with functional leadership and product owners to complement established Agile methodologies to identify program risks and form mitigations to support a timely delivery of program milestones.
- Facilitates problem resolution in cross-functional teams, including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Works with functional leaders to ensure the appropriate Core Team resources are committed to the projects and contribute at required performance levels.
- Ensures effective and efficient regular formal and informal communications with the Core Teams using a variety of tools and channels.
- Coaches, and mentors Core Team members to maximize project success.
- Provides feedback to functional leaders regarding the performance of Core Team members that is considered in annual performance evaluations.
- Ensures programs comply with company quality management systems while identifying creative ways to provide speed to market.
- Builds high morale and ensure the team commits to goals and objectives by creating a common purpose and direction.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sets clear objectives and measurements. Skilled at facilitating team dynamics.
- Fosters development in others. Creates strong morale and spirit on teams.
- Possess the skills and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of new products. Anticipates and understands implications across all functions.
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to achieve challenging goals through others without direct authority across different functions, geographies and cultures. Drive for accountability within self and others.
- Ability to lead complex programs delivering the right outcomes balancing on time delivery, budget, quality and market and customer expectations.
- Skilled in integrated program planning along with tactical project planning, risk management, project execution and communication to all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required, an MBA or other advanced business/management degree beneficial. PMP certification or equivalent beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience with modern software development process including the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and the Agile methodology, preferably working on an Agile Scrum team contributing to sprint planning, estimations, retrospectives and other Scrum activities.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience including 5 years of experience in successfully leading complex, multiyear new product development programs delivered through high performing, cross-functional, teams based in a matrix organization.
- Experience in medical device or life science industries advantageous, management of software products preferred.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills on a cross-cultural level with excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills, including engagement with Executive level management.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ