Senior Scrum Master/Sr. Project Manager
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
We are recruiting for a highly driven cross-functional Senior Scrum Master/ Project Manager to join the eBusiness organization for BD Biosciences. The role will report to the Director of eBusiness. This role will partner with the product owner on projects, and the overall cross-functional team to support the successful global launch of a key initiatives for bdbiosciences.com. The incumbent is an Agile and SCRUM Master project manager skilled at leading projects aimed at improving customer experience through the eBusiness channel including web, e-commerce, B2B, punchout and other digital channels. This individual supports the team that leads multiple related but distinct projects with teams comprising members of marketing, IT, shared services (legal, regulatory, etc.), marketing communications and external vendors and consulting resources to ensure seamless execution of all phases through launch.
- Leads cross-functional partners on key design decisions, resource allocation, project planning activities, risk assessment, design and technical reviews, completion of deliverables and resolution of problems.
- Works with product owner and other functional leaders to ensure the appropriate core team resources and the external strategic partners are committed to the projects and supply to the expected levels.
- Develop detailed program/project execution plan, and manage all implementation processes including projects financials, progress tracking, metrics, monitoring change control process, testing, release to production and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Provide overall communication and works with all areas affected by the program/project including cross-functional partners, business sponsors and vendors. Build streamlined and complete status reporting to support project/program discussions at Steering Committee and Sponsor level.
- Drive team to project completion ensuring that we are creating best-in-class product and service experiences.
- Work within the e-business team to do Jira ticket creation and wrangling.
- Work within our Agile Scrum or Kanban frameworks, bringing in your own flare.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Continually maintain project visibility.
- Recognize situational severity and know when to push for meaningful next steps toward resolution.
- Lead effective scrum ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives.
- Take meeting notes (attendees, items discussed, what changed, blockers, next steps, action items).
- Facilitate QA and testing meetings before product/site launches.
- Work with cross-functional teams made up of diverse people with varied backgrounds, experiences, and opinions.
- Build a safe and trustful environment so that problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving and psychological safety.
- Promote organizational understanding of Agile roles and to help teams and individuals transitioning from waterfall to Agile.
- Develop team rapport in a remote work environment.
- Organize and maintain key project information.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Bachelor of Science / Engineering / Technology or related or equivalent experience
- At least 8-10 years’ demonstrable experience working as a Project Manager.
- At least 3+ years of demonstrable experience leading Agile projects as a Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Experience with Agile traits and techniques: Lean design, accommodating changing requirements, iterations, loop feedback with customer involvement.
- First or second level Scrum Master (CSM, ACSM, PSM I/II) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
- Demonstrated consistent ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver technical solutions while mitigating or removing hurdles / obstacles. Has a track record of overcoming project crisis.
- Have excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Experience with working in an organization going through an Agile transformation
- Ability to lead cross-functional leadership in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable in a global, fast-paced, always-on, highly matrixed environment with limited resources.
- The role will be hybrid due to COVID-19 restrictions in the San Jose/San Diego offices where most of the team would normally be based.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ