Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Responsible for the documentation, design, implementation, qualification, deployment, maintenance, and support of functional test fixtures used by the BD Operation and contract manufacturers. Manage test development activities with responsibility for results in terms of costs and methods. Perform the activities of test development and test support and other tasks assigned by management as required.
- Work in a cross-functional environment with Operation, manufacturing engineering, quality, R&D, purchasing, and logistics to ensure our products meet customer requirements.
- Work with suppliers to develop mechanical fixtures and tools.
- Translate product designs into testable assemblies and systems.
- Apply advanced automation techniques in support of developing easy-to-use, robust test fixtures that are scalable and modular.
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues.
- Advance test concepts within the organization and company.
- Create automation programs in line with the test methodology.
- Engage early in the design process to assist with design concepts, design reviews, and feasibility studies.
- Supply support to contract manufacturing partners for outsourced test fixtures
- Build and verifies test solutions.
- Ensure technical issues are assessed and resolved. Ensures there is a close loop of corrective action in place to ensure closure.
- Implement and validate new test tools.
- Follow quality systems and procedures in support of medical products in a regulated environment.
- BS in an engineering or a related science discipline (CSE/EE preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in PCBA functional test fixture development and test automation.
- 5+ years of experience in LabVIEW programming.
- Experience in the utilizing of the NI hardware modules and systems.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings such as schematic capture, PCB layout, and AutoCAD.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of the PCBA design cycle and test methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience in design test fixtures for high-speed Gb digital and low noise analog PCBs strongly preferred.
- Experience in design test fixtures for fluidic and optical subassemblies is a plus.
- Knowledge of DFT and DFM preferred.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A LabVIEW certification (COD) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Xcontrol.
- Knowledge of and hands-on functional test development techniques.
- Experience in writing and reviewing test specifications and procedures.
- Willing to travel moderately (4-5 times per year for 1-2 weeks).
- Experience in working with and manage vendors and external design partners.
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Experience in providing training and technical support to CMs both onsite and remotely.
- Experience in working in a medical device industry or highly regulatory environment.
- cGMP familiarity with 21 CFR part 820, medical device manufacturing experience.
- Ability to create and manipulate typical database technologies.
- Project and/or program management experience.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective English writing and oral communication skills.
- Effective goal-setting skills.
- Effective analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills.
- Demonstrate ability to promote teamwork and motivate exempt and non-exempt associates.
- Effective utilization of Microsoft Office software.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson, and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility, or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.