Sr. Program Manager
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Sr. Program Manager has overall accountability for the success of critical programs within the Single Cell Multi-Omics technology and business platform of BD Biosciences. Specifically, the Sr. Program Manager will lead cross functional core teams responsible for requirement definition, product design, development, and commercial launch.
- Demonstrates program management standard methodologies and supplies to improving the product development process.
- Leads the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data.
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives.
- Leads program planning process ensuring requirements are clear and driven by customer need and experience.
- Defines, delegates and evaluates the roles, responsibilities, goals and results for core and extended team members.
- Independently resolves and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Communicates program updates to functional management and executive leadership.
- Defines program resource needs and negotiates program resourcing plans.
- Leads key technical design and commercial excellence reviews, constructively challenging the team and the organization to rethink assumptions and approach headwinds in new ways.
- Leads cross-functional teams through problem resolution including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Analyzes data and complex situations involving evaluation of tangible variables to programs or collective system of projects.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure the appropriate Core Team resources are committed to the projects and give to required performance levels.
- Ensure effective and efficient regular formal and informal communications with the Core Teams using a variety of tools and channels.
- Lead product development utilizing a multitude of processes such as BD’s Global Product Delivery System, Voice of the Customer/Business, Project Management, and Agile.
- Lead, direct, coach, and mentor Core Team members to maximize project success.
- Provide substantial and significant feedback to functional leaders regarding the performance of Core Team members that is considered in annual performance evaluations.
- Ensure programs stay in sync with company quality management systems.
- Builds high morale and ensure the team commits to goals and objectives by creating a common purpose and direction.
Demonstrates mastery of the following competency areas:
- Project & Cross-Functional Leadership - possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product.
- Managerial - ability to lead product development teams successfully.
- Optimized Execution and Performance - advances long-term growth while consistently meeting or exceeding near-term business performance expectations.
- Personal Effectiveness - ability to work efficiently within the project team and the cross-functional organization.
- Business Excellence - ability to effectively apply business, financial and commercial knowledge to successfully deliver of the product development outcomes
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in molecular diagnostics and/or genomic, proteomic, or multiomic product development.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the delivery of complex systems and solutions as a program manager.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience of successful cross-functional project leadership in a matrix organization.
- The preferred candidate will have experience leading across multiple manufacturing sites and quality management systems.
- Experience in a FDA/ regulated environment beneficial.
- Willingness to do up to 20% (domestic/international) business travel.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong people / team leadership skills.
- Experience with structured phase-gate product development and portfolio management processes.
- Results-oriented, analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with executive leadership, highlight issues and provide options and solutions for resolution.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and resolve complex issues to action-based resolution plans.
- Strong project management and meeting management skills capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Detailed orientated with the ability to develop a strategy.
- Experience in SAP and Product Development systems beneficial.
- Expertise in Program Management Software for the determination of complex program timelines and resources.
- Collaborative and partnership focused while driving decisions and holding individuals and teams accountable.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ