CI Line Lead
Job Description SummaryB-Shift (Night shift 6pm-6am with weekdays Rotating weekly – Week 1 is Sun, Wed, Thurs and Week 2 is Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat - then repeat)
NIGHT SHIFT POSITION
- Quality Systems responsibilities include initial quality inspections, facilitation of disposition of Material Review Report. Be the first responder when an issue is identified, lead the root cause and corrective actions for equipment and quality issues and escalate as required.
- Training Systems responsibilities include monitoring of employee training and records, inspection techniques and instruction on task documents.
- Tracking Systems responsibilities include reviewing, closing and releasing work orders.
- Perform random audits throughout the shift verifying that quality checks and processes are being performed properly. Provide feedback to associates as necessary.
- Balances their time on the production line between production needs and CI Line Leader responsibilities. Works on the production line a minimum of 20% of the time.
- Update and monitor accuracy of PVD boards.
- Ensure compliance to all audit requirements and schedules.
- Take responsibility for tracking and allocating resources to close KAS.
- Makes or assists with changes to or the creation of Standard Work Instructions.
- Ensure all team members help create and support all 5S initiatives.
- Proactively work to anticipate problems before they impact production.
- Report attendance, scheduling, and direct resources.
- Champion process improvements, and ensure that changes associated with Continuous Improvement (CI) activities are implemented consistently.
- Learn, model, and mentor team members to learn CI principles.
- Work overtime as needed by the department.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, etc.
- Continuously improve through the KAS program, meeting department goals for completed KAS.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English), basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Prefer a college degree
- Two to four years of manufacturing experience (prefer automated medical device manufacturing)
- Continuous improvement experience preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ