At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Manufacturing jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Manufacturing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Manufacturing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Manufacturing at BD may be waiting for you!
Continuous Improvement LeaderApply Now Job ID R-17425 Date posted 08/11/2017
Job Description SummaryLead and drive Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and activities to meet operational objectives, including cost improvement projects and value stream improvements. Effectively provide leadership and enhance Continuous Improvement (CI) activities through aligning, training, supervising, administrating, coaching, and project/metric tracking. Independently coach and mentor employees including management on CI methods and issue resolution for new and existing projects. Serves as a resource for CI related information. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Uses cost savings methods and procedures for the completion of new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- Facilitate department ESC.
- Drive and sustain Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and programs such as: KAS, 5S, LDMS, TPM, and 20 Keys.
- Create and lead training and educational sessions within the department to ensure associates are knowledgeable in and have the ability to follow Standard Work, GMP’s, 20 Keys, Lean, Six Sigma, KAS, 5S and other CI programs.
- Maintains and utilizes the CI Plan database to manage and track department cost improvement projects and value stream improvements.
- Proactively seek new CI initiatives, challenging department focus.
- Assist in development of department goals and objectives.
- Create and manage department CI Calendar.
- Develop and track CI metrics.
- Participate in and support Plant CI initiatives.
- Mentor others, within and outside of the department as related to CI initiatives.
- Participate in regulatory assessments.
- Develop and update department VSMs to drive CI. Facilitate blitzes throughout the plant.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a BS degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline
- Three years experience in developing, organizing, implementing, and managing projects and assignments
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience in Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, facilitation, project management, or validation preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience in CI.