Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryTrain and work as a Manufacturing Technology Innovation (MTI) Associate Technician, reporting to the MTI Rapid Tooling Manager. Undertake a structured training program of academic study of technical writing and statistics. This training will provide the required skills and knowledge to support the Manufacturing Technology Innovation group for the writing of protocols, reports, standardization of templates and developing training material. The MTI Associate Technician role has advancement potential for the person who has self-motivation and a can-do attitude.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Train and work as a Manufacturing Technology Innovation (MTI) Associate Technician, reporting to the MTI Rapid Tooling Manager. Undertake a structured training program of academic study of technical writing and statistics. This training will provide the required skills and knowledge to support the Manufacturing Technology Innovation group for the writing of protocols, reports, standardization of templates and developing training material. The MTI Associate Technician role has advancement potential for the person who has self-motivation and a can-do attitude.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of technical writing skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle career progression.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace.
- To develop the skills to write reports, protocols, develop work process’ from verbal instructions and training aids, to a high degree of competency.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
- Follow all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Follow all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
- Maintain safe work behaviors
- Meet or exceed department Individual Impact Goals.
- Meet or exceed Personal Development Goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED
- Enrolled or completed a Mechanical training course
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English), math skills, and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy (Word/Excel/PPT)
- A passion for Mechanical engineering and writing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.