Molding Machine Operator
Job Description SummaryMolding operator/technician is responsible for molding production in assigned area and minor maintenance activities on assigned presses.
Job Title: Device Molding Technician
- Operate injection molding presses to supply downstream equipment with molded components including inspection of components and requesting technical support to maintain part quality.
- Conduct minor maintenance activities on assigned presses.
- Work with other molding team members to keep equipment running during breaks and call-outs.
- Operate multi cavity injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Operate injection molds/presses and place surplus molded components into inventory.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
- Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly and comply with GMP requirements.
- Able to perform thorough product inspections and make appropriate decisions relative to product quality requirements.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team with limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with all relevant controlled documents (Work Instructions, Forms, etc.), preventative maintenance task lists and equipment manuals which pertain to operation of all equipment in the cell.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred - preferably injection molding presses (both electric & hydraulic)
Work Environment & Essential Physical Functions:
- This position is in a clean room or laboratory manufacturing environment and the physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990)
- The incumbent may be frequently required to stand and/or occasionally sit for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, kneeling, balancing, crouching, pushing/pulling, repetitive grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers.
- The incumbent may occasionally be required to climb.
- The incumbent may occasionally be required to lift to 20 lbs., frequently lift up to 10 lbs., occasionally pulling/pushing up to 30 lbs., frequently pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs., frequently carry up to 5 lbs.
- The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, and potential temperature fluctuations.
- Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, cleaning compounds and solvents.
- The incumbent may be exposed to noise levels in the work environment moderate to loud.
- Employees must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing sufficient to safely operate material handling equipment in a manufacturing/distribution environment.
- The incumbent must be willing and able to wear required PPE such as, safety glasses, face mask and/or shield, hearing protection, safety shoes, hair and beard net and smock.
Shift: 12 hour rotating shift – Scheduled to work 7-days in a 14-day period (2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2off, 3 on, 2 off - every other weekend is scheduled off)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ