Job Description Summary
Day Shift 6 AM - 6 PM
Rotating days to include every other weekend.
Responsible for supervising the activities of a manufacturing operation. Coach the manufacturing activity for all direct reports in assigned area. Responsible for resolving or escalating employee relation issues. Participate in developing budget information and department production schedule for areas of responsibility. Coach associates to be accountable for production, quality, continuous improvement, safety, housekeeping and overall policy adherence.
Responsible for staffing plans and ensuring associates are trained to perform their jobs and progress in the future; this includes hiring, promoting, rewarding, terminating associates, and setting/managing overtime for the department. Ensure an open flow of communication exists between production associates and management. Represent concerns of production associates to management, as well as management concerns to production associates. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement (C.I.) activities and support C.I. Programs such as: KAS, 5S, DM, Total Production Management, and 20 keys. Collaborate with Production Planning to establish production schedules, monitor performance versus schedule for the department. Oversee training within the department to ensure associates are knowledgeable in and following Standard Work and Good Manufacturing practices. Update and monitor associate learning plans in C2C. Ensure fair and reasonable application of company and departmental policies and practices, such as vacation, sick, attendance and FMLA. Manage all document and policy changes. Process accident reports. Perform regular, timely, and accurate assessments of associates through the annual performance review system. Track production metrics to ensure that department goals are being met. Communicates these metrics and progress to associates and management. Conduct safety meetings and participate on the department ESC. Develop and motivate associates through positive comments/feedback and recognition. Works with associates to resolve employee relations issues and concerns; involves HR when needed. Ensure manufactured products meet the established quality requirements. Work with Quality Engineering to implement new or revised quality plans. Supervise daily production operations. Comply with: all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures includes RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations; and all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
Large team of 40-50 Associates.
Promotes an Inclusive Work Environment
- Practices zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and does not allow derogatory comments/inappropriate jokes to go un-addressed.
- Handles all kinds of differences as defined in BD’s Diversity Statement.
- Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, physical abilities, ages and both sexes.
Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully.
- Is constantly and consistently a performer who adds value.
- Demonstrates willingness and commitment to work hard.
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
- Takes decisive action when needed.
- Listens effectively (actively listens).
- Constructively responds to points of view expressed by others.
- Gives others the benefit of the doubt.
- Provides support to those who need it.
- Recognizes the interests and achievements of others.
Managing, Leading, and Developing People
- Demonstrates personal accountability for effectively leading the performance of his/her associates.
- Conducts effective performance discussions; plans and writes quality performance appraisals.
- Provides exciting and stretching tasks and assignments.
- Coaches associates to apply skills they already possess to new or complex situations.
- Uses internal development resources and processes to actively participate in the development of associates.
- Provides relevant, current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Perform job duties to meet operational objectives (i.e. safety, quality, production, scrap, etc...)
- Support organization and others in working toward the Continuous Improvement plan
- Effectively supervises and develops others, to help build a high performing operating team.
Education and experience requirements
- Preferred: BS degree in science, industrial management, engineering or a related field and 2 years of broad experience in medical device production and/or technical manufacturing support and supervision;
- With High School diploma or GED: 6 years related experience/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ