Job Description Summary
Night shift: 12 hour rotating shift (6AM-6PM - or - 6PM-6AM) Scheduled to work 7-days in a 14-day period (2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2off, 3 on, 2 off - every other weekend is scheduled off)
To supply and maintain raw materials for the proper injection molding machine. Maintain, clean, and make minor repairs to auxiliary grinding, and conveying equipment. Certify on and operate a forklift. Participate in all team meetings, activities, team building initiatives, and continuous improvement activities. Certify in Career Block 3A (CB3A). Certify on and operate all material handling equipment. Have working knowledge of stock locator systems, bar code system, electronic scanners, parts and catalog numbering systems, Kanban and material handling system. Duties include shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing materials using the established procedures. Move and stage completed product. Maintain inventory of production supply materials as needed. Properly identify, store, ship, and issue regrind materials. Review completed work orders for accuracy. Responsible for company physical inventories of the molding department and the accuracy.
- Order proper raw materials for work orders and charge out materials to work orders.
- Supply and maintain the inventory of bags, boxes, totes and pallets.
- Properly clean material hoppers, grinders and bins according to the production schedule.
- Supply and maintain regrind usage through the vacuum loading system according to the department procedures.
- Properly identify and label all materials in bins, grinders and gaylords according to the department procedures.
- Assure regrind is properly stored and identified for reuse or resale.
- Properly weigh and record regrind for resale and load trailer.
- Ensure virgin and concentrate materials are supplied to the proper injection molding machine from the warehouse location and have been weighed and recorded according to the department procedures.
- Ensure materials requiring drying are dried at the proper settings and the proper length of time according to the department procedures.
- Maintain all housekeeping requirements for the warehouse and the production floor as defined in the department procedures.
- Responsible for setting up auxiliary equipment necessary for the particular production run replacing, cleaning, and changing fitters and empty barrels.
- Perform minor adjustments to auxiliary and material conveying equipment as needed under direction of a skilled team member.
- Responsible for all required paperwork.
- Assist other team members in cross training.
- Maintain an open line of communication to assure all problems and changes are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Comply with all departmental attendance and performance poli
- Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English and basic math skills needed. Communication skills are essential.
- 2-5 years of injection molding required. RJG certification a plus
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ