Senior Business Analyst, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) - OPEN TO LOCATION
Job Description SummaryThe role of the MES EDHR Senior Business Analyst within TGS Central teams is to serve as the person responsible for analyzing demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Electronic Device History Records (EDHR) area globally.
This role is responsible for driving and shaping demand, as well as ensuring the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions to manufacuturing enabling business adoption of the MES tools to digitize site manufacturing and quality processes to collect, store, analyze, and respond to, data recorded to ensure that products are being manufactured in accordance to our policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
This individual will conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction, and deliver the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that business priorities are shaped, prioritized, and delivered. This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together to contribute to the manufacturing digitalization agenda for the Operations and Quality business functions.
This position reports directly to the Global Business Partner for MES.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with the business Operations and Quality teams (including the business process networks) to understand their strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of BD’s Production & MES environment, including key driver goals, short- and long-term roadmaps, key personnel, etc.
- Establishing value-adding, strategic partner relationships for themselves and for the entire TGS function
- Define the standard capabilities and solutions used to facilitate EDHR for manufacturing sites, ensuring BD’s MES design contains appropriate functionality to enable manufacturing sites to achieve the company’s manufacturing operations and digitalization objectives.
- Partner with the SMEs in the Operations and Quality teams to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities
- Foster and maintain a network of MES EDHR process integrators across BD within plants and WW business units, including training, coaching and supporting associates implementing MES solutions.
- Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to driving revenue growth, cost optimization and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
- Develop strategies for optimal deployment and adoption of new technology capabilities, services and solutions across the business and/or the end-customers.
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status and managing escalation and avoiding risk.
- Build Knowledge and capability in MES technologies and processes in emerging technology, as well as improvements to existing investments, by keeping abreast of industry trends and Subject matter expertise in usage of new trends such as AI and ML in the context of Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Support the business in the strategy and startup of their Manufacturing digitalization journey to facilitate EDHR and Manufacturing analytics capability.
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis.
- Provide support for site manufacturing, quality and engineering related activities including master data, transaction processing, and data interface between MES and Control Systems working with worldwide and local engineering, operations, continuous improvement and plant IT teams.
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve things.
- Working with our IT partners to coordinate MES functional support and resolution of critical tickets.
- Understand and leverage the Idea to Realization (I2R) process for IT solution delivery including demand management, change control, project management, software validation and the whole System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Train, coach and support plant associates implementing the standard MES solutions, working with them to plan, schedule, and execute MES implementations and upgrades.
- Work with IT and Security teams to ensure system implementations are compliant to latest standards and policies for secure industrial networked systems.
- Understand sites use of SAP and other ERPs related to manufacturing, and integration with MES.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to reduce the burden of manual entry of data.
- Must be willing to travel in US and internationally.
- Must be willing to travel up to one week per month (international & domestic)
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and solution-oriented mindset together. In addition, this person should also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Accomplished in multiple process and technology capabilities across the Manufacturing, and Quality functions, ideally in the Med device sector.
- SAP Production Planning, Execution & Quality functional experience
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) implementation and support experience required
- Familiarity of Manufacturing Batch/Device History Records, ideally in the Med device sector.
- Knowledge of FDA 21CFR Part 11, understanding of System Development Life Cycle and software validation procedures: IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Passion for forward thinking digital transformation.
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Must be a leader who can influence stakeholders in written and oral communications
- Must have experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies and can formulate new programs to generate excitement and engagement
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse global stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accepts ownership
- Ability/experience to work in a multinational, multicultural business environment
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years experience working in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Industrial networking and connectivity to PLCs for data acquisition, VLANs, Firewalls.
- Understanding of big data technologies, data analytics, automation, cloud computing.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsESP Huesca - Fraga, ESP San Agustin del Guadalix, FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, GBR Swindon - Dorcan, IRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road, USA NC - Research Triangle Park, USA NE - Broken Bow, USA NE - Columbus (East), USA NE - Columbus (West), USA NE - Holdrege, USA PR Cayey - Vicks Drive, USA PR Juncos - Road 31, USA SC - Sumter, USA UT - Sandy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ