Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryWithin the assigned territory (Northwest US), the Non-Acute Account Business Manager (ABM) is responsible for meeting with and driving product use in the non-acute healthcare market. The ABM will focus on the assigned accounts for the given BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions product lines in a manner that will increase the usage of these products. The ABM is expected to effectively manage a balanced portfolio of products to customers across three distinct segments: Physician offices, Physician Office Labs (POL) and distribution partners. Operating in these customer segments requires the ABM to utilize technical skills, and includes but is not limited to, effectively presenting product attributes, a tailored economic model applicable for the segment, and strong knowledge of the healthcare market. The role will require the ABM to effectively utilize business-to-business skills in partnering with customers and distributors.
The ABM is responsible for increasing the demand and use of the following product segments: Women’s Health, Infectious Disease and Cancer, and Rapid Diagnostics. In this role, the ABM will be expected to communicate and effectively demonstrate the functionality and benefits of diagnostic instruments to medical professionals. This requires an understanding of the CLIA licensing process, reimbursement landscape, and relevant technical information.
Additionally, this role is responsible for achieving sales targets, obtaining market feedback, and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. The ABM also works closely with assigned local account teams which consist of Integrated Diagnostic Account Executives (AE), Specimen Management Consultant (SMC), Molecular Sales Specialists (MSS), Cervical Cancer Specialist (CSS), and with BD Distributors to drive revenue growth across the product portfolio.
- Attain or exceed the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the Account Business Manager’s assigned product portfolio. (Territory goals - sales quotas, market share, product evaluations etc., distribution effectiveness)
- Call on prospective customers and distributors, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information, give demonstrations, and prepare economic models/ proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Plan and organize daily sales call activities to optimize the use of time and maximize the achievement of sales and market share objectives. Record all sales call activities on a daily basis and entering data in CRM system.
- Develop and close accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model. As directed by the Regional Business Manager (RBM), work with the Acute Sales Team to implement business and account strategies. The local account team contacts include: Cervical Cancer Specialists (CSS) and Molecular Sales Specialists (MSS), Specimen Management Consultants (SMC), and Account Executives (AE).
- Represent Non-Acute BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions at local, regional, and national meetings and conventions as required.
- Maintain timely and relevant communication with the RBM and other members of the local account teams. Effectively communicate competitive information and market information on a timely basis.
- Manage administrative duties as assigned: submitting and monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions, as applicable.
- Live the BD Values including, but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Life Sciences, Business, Marketing, or closely related discipline.
- Three (3) years documented medical sales success (experience) or a minimum of 5 years direct sales or business-to-business experience.
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives.
- Proven track record in developing new incremental business and business partnerships on a yearly basis.
- Must be self-motivated to succeed and have a mastery of complex sales processes.
- Positive, team-focused demeanor with a competitive spirit.
- Computer proficiency is required including strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current U.S. healthcare trends that can be integrated into region sales strategies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, territory management, account assessment and relationship development skills.
- Competent analytical skills with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing markets and or territory conditions while maintaining all objectives and/or goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Adept at reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical documents such as package inserts, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
Action-oriented - Is agile and timely in making things happen.
Continuous and Versatile Learning - Proactively builds knowledge and skills of self and others, to increase value/contribution to the company and to ensure personal and professional growth.
Customer Focus - Is flexible and nimble in keeping up with customer needs; is on the cutting edge of defining their next level of expectations, and working to exceed them.
Driving for Results - Consistently strives to achieve challenging goals and objectives whether individually or through others.
Influencing Others - Whether as a team leader or an individual contributor, engages others in ways that gain their willing support and cooperation in pursuing initiatives or particular courses of action.
Process Effectiveness - Understands results that must be obtained and establishes efficient plans for self and/or others to achieve them; alert to opportunities to improve existing processes for accomplishing work and pursues them.
Promoting an Inclusive Work Environment - Respects and values the diversity among us and leverages differences to enhance our performance and working environment.
Teamwork - Puts into practice values and behaviors that contribute to group effectiveness and performance, and the achievement of team objectives
Shape the Future Business- focuses on understanding the business and marketplace, and planning for the future. It involves being strategic in our planning, identifying opportunities that will help shape the business, and having the right systems and processes in place. This cluster includes Build Organizational Capability, Business Acumen, Initiative, Organizational Awareness and Strategic Planning.
Execute for Success- focuses on delivering results and achieving the desired outcomes. It involves having the knowledge and savvy to drive the business forward and striving to achieve challenging goals while meeting customer needs and gaining their buy-in to our ideas and solutions. This cluster includes Build Relationships, Communication, Demonstrate Customer Focus, Drive for Results, and Influence Others.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing