Product Marketing Manager, Greater Asia - Pharm System
Job Description SummaryYou are responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support functions to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will ensure that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Who We Are
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare sector. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.
You are responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support functions to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will ensure that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
A solid Product Marketing leader is a critical component of the Commercial (Sales & Marketing) team and the broader business organization. Through leadership of BD Pharm System’s (PS) portfolio management, he/she supports key strategic PS platforms of Pre-filled Syringes (PFS), Advance Drug Delivery Systems (ADDS) and Services platform initiatives to help the business run efficiently, effectively, and profitably.
The Service platform offering is designed to protect and enhance product sales with our largest strategic customers, while creating opportunities in new & emerging accounts with solutions where we can monetize Service and position BDM-PS as an integrated and total solutions provider.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans.
- Define and Deliver product strategy, product launch/life cycle management and product marketing plans that ladders up to global portfolio and platform strategies, that can be adapted and executed for Greater Asia and local markets.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition. Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the products.
- Demonstrate key products’ FAB’s and unique benefits to customers.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Deliver on key platform and key product lines monthly demand planning and revenue forecast.
- Develop sales tools and collateral for products.
- Propose and manage an overall marketing budget for portfolio programs to ensure success.
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings.
- Drive products’ launch excellence programs for Greater Asia.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong customer focus and drive for results.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Comfortable in a matrix-structure of an organization.
- Proven ability to influence, cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and influence skills with experience in a complex matrix structure and able to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty.
- Master’s or Bachelor Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Biomedical disciplines or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Product Marketing Manager and/or Technical Product Manager.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Preferred knowledge of the medical equipment/ pharmaceutical sectors.
- Preferred knowledge of Asia markets.
- Strong business acumen – Capable of translating business needs into clear action and measurable plans.
- Exceptional focus on improving Customer Experience.
- Excellent written & oral presentation skills.
- Travel potential up to approximately 30% of the time (essential business only).
Culture and Benefits
Here at BD, we embrace a growth mindset, building capabilities for the future and helping you become the best version of yourself. We offer our employees a clear direction and career pathway for development. We pride ourselves on our transparent and rigorous talent processes that are inclusive, deeply embedded in trust, aligned with our culture, and enable us to achieve strategic imperatives of the organization. Our leaders are committed, engaged and accountable to making talent our top priority.
How To Apply
Submit your application by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the page.
Primary Work LocationSGP The Strategy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ