Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryPreAnalytiX is a joint venture between BD and QIAGEN whose mission is to enable and improve molecular diagnostic testing.
The PAX Sales Representative will be responsible for selling PAXgene products to drive revenue growth, enhance market development, coordinate key account management and facilitate “integrated system selling” of PAXgene products commercialized by BD and QIAGEN. This position will report to the General Manager, PreAnalytiX.
Individual will be a BD Associate, eligible for BD employee benefits.
- Drive revenue growth to meet or exceed the revenue budget in the U.S. for all PAXgene products commercialized by BD and QIAGEN.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Key account management to support current business for growth opportunities.
- Follow-up on sales leads that have been generated via PAX JV Marketing activities (trade shows, advertising, webinars etc.)
- Sales prospecting passionate about high priority customer segments – molecular diagnostic assay developers / LDTs, clinical and translational research.
- Progress opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Engage in technical discussion with sales prospects to understand their needs and find opportunities for PAXgene products to bring value.
- When vital, coordinate the inclusion of PAX JV R&D scientists to address technical questions from customers related to the evaluation, use and performance of PAXgene products.
- Support market development by engaging customers who have developed or want to develop new clinical or research applications the specific product line
- Work with Pre Analytics Team members to enable collaborations with customers that are financially attractive and are targeted towards clinical diagnostics.
- Build and observe market dynamics, emerging or evolving customer needs, results of customer evaluations and the response from customers to the value propositions for PAXgene products.
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a product and market knowledge resource sales associates for PAXgene and driven products and for the molecular diagnostics market.
- Provide training to U.S. sales associates on new and existing PAXgene products and related sales tools developed by the PAX JV Marketing team.
- Liaison between BD and QIAGEN Sales organizations to coordinate sales and logistics activities related to PAXgene products, and to develop coordinated responses to all customer requests including negotiations for contracts related to purchasing PAXgene products.
- Coordinate intercompany “integrated system selling” activities and facilitate the development of “system pricing” quotations for customers for PAXgene products when system components are sold separately by BD and QIAGEN.
- BS in life sciences required; MS or PhD in life sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of field sales and/or sales management experience in the clinical diagnostics or scientific research markets.
- Excellent presentation, communication and training skills.
- Strong technical skills in the field of nucleic acids and related analytical technologies. Knowledge on pre analytical workflows for DNA / RNA /liquid biopsy based testing is helpful.
- Proven knowledge of the molecular diagnostics market and related products.
- Self-motivated, collaborative person with the ability to make effective, independent decisions.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the U.S. (East Coast) at least 50% of the time.
Come Work With Us!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
We learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting environment. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, 401(k), continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing