Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most ambitious global health issues.
BD is looking for an experienced project scheduler with expertise in using Microsoft Project at our Franklin Lakes, NJ location! The candidate will work within the PMO and with associates across key functions on projects pertaining to regulatory compliance of medical devices and in vitro diagnostics.
Supporting the Project Manager, the Project Scheduler will work across multiple projects and provide services to project managers, leads, and technical professionals in the critical area of project scheduling and tracking to proactively identify sources of problems that can significantly and adversely impact project timelines. Identifying standard methodologies to supervise and control the projects, providing reporting metrics and working with the project team as a whole to maintain these efforts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plans and leads workshops as needed for cross-functional schedule builds, result and achievement definition, risk analysis, resource planning, and analysis of needed contingency reserves.
- Defines architecture and methods for linking related project files and works with team members to identify and define critical schedule inputs/outputs.
- Coordinates and supervises multiple key projects and tasks.
- Maintains resource loaded and fully linked project schedules that can be utilized to analyze resource allocations and completion dates.
- Supervises project progress and critical path on a weekly basis.
- Builds tracking reports for the team and various levels of management.
- Provides forward looking schedule analysis to Leadership.
- Interfaces between senior management, functional leaders, and core team leader to capture data and adjust scheduling parameters.
- Works with associates to communicate project variances.
- Conducts schedule health checks on MS Project files and works with schedule owners to train them on standard methodologies for use of MS Project.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven expertise in project scheduling using MS Project, preferably Project Server 2010. Capable of statusing schedules, monitoring project progress, and communicating trends to project teams.
- Technology background, preferably in R&D and/or engineering sufficient to understand the technical issues encountered and how they might impact the project schedule.
- Proven track record in identifying and mitigating project development risks.
- Ability to influence and persuade using knowledge, expertise and sound interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal professional communication skills and scheduling skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Operates well in a fast-paced environment. Efficiency in time management.
- 4+ years of experience in project scheduling (organizing, planning, and tracking) in a technical environment.
- Extensive experience with MS Project. (Formal MS Project training/certification highly desired)
- Experience using visual project management techniques (Experience using Miro a plus)
- Experience leading workshops in both in-person and remote/online preferred.
- Experience with medical devices and in vitro diagnostics, and associated processes and regulations a plus.
- BS in Engineering / Science or related field with proven experience preferred.
- PMP or other project management certification a plus.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ