At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Bio Technology jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Bio Technology careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Bio Technology job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Bio Technology at BD may be waiting for you!
Scientist IIApply Now Job ID R-18202 Date posted 08/29/2017
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a Scientist II to work within a team that develops automated assays using nucleic acid isolation and real-time amplification/detection technologies. This person will be responsible for assisting in the design, development, integration and qualification of assays and/or specimen processing workflows on automated systems. The successful candidate may also be expected to provide support in execution of clinical studies to validate performance of the assays and assemble relevant information in support of regulatory submissions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a broad range of practical techniques in molecular biology in experiments, validations or qualification.
- With oversight, develops/adapts procedures to meet specific objectives and solve problems.
- Independent with proven ability to apply scientific principles to achieve project objectives, including the design and execution of experiments, and analysis and interpretation of data.
- Collects, records, reports and presents results to peers and supervisor/manager either orally or in writing.
- Understands and leverages published research in molecular diagnostics.
- Provides technical input to other scientists within Research and Development and provide support to other functional groups.
- Drafts protocols for and conducts validation studies as well as analyze and interpret results.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Life Sciences, Bio/Biomedical Engineering, or related.
- Minimum 2 years relevant academic, clinical, or industry lab work experience required.
- Proficiency in a range of techniques in molecular biology including nucleic acid extraction and amplification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in the processing of clinical specimens for the recovery of nucleic acids, together with a strong background in microbiology, virology and/or clinical laboratory science is advantageous.
- Experience in handling of infectious biological samples and working in a cGMP environment are desirable
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- Product Manager, Pharmacy Surveillance Birmingham, Alabama 6308561
- Back-up Line Mechanic Sandy, Utah 6308562
- Lab Automation Field Service Engineer ( Field Based Houston Texas) Houston, Texas 6308559
- Instrument Buyer/Planner Sparks, Maryland 6308563