Senior Director Manufacturing
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
LOCATION: Sparks, MD
Our vision for Senior Director Manufacturing Instruments at BD
The Senior Director Manufacturing Instruments is responsible for all safety, quality, operational and security, and people aspects of Instruments Manufacturing Operations across multiple sites. This position leads all phases of Instrument manufacturing operations and engineering including internal and external partners (contract manufacturing) to produce the highest quality products. This role acts as a business integrator working with leaders from various businesses within the life sciences business segment. This leadership role acts as a catalyst in leading transformation and continuous innovation and drives business performance through the alignment of people, strategy and culture.
About the role:
This position reports to the Worldwide VP Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and will lead all operations and engineering activities with special emphasis to ensure FDA compliance, ISO Certification, and ensure that we have policies and procedures in place to meet directives of local country specific & US agencies. (i.e.: EEOC, cGMP, OSHA, EPA, etc.)
The Senior Director is responsible for establishing cost objectives, capacity planning, attainment of production schedules, productivity and efficiency improvements, quality and safety objectives and the development and management of annual budgets and financial performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead implementation of the Corporate and Business strategies coordinated through the Worldwide VP ISC.
- Lead team to effectively meet production goals while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards.
- Establish formalized vendor improvement programs which will improve the quality, cost and service capability of vendors to the manufacturing facility.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Plan, prepare and recommend an annual operating budget. Upon approval, establish and implement a monitoring system of plant performance to budget. In addition, balance of the year financial forecasting will be done and submitted as advised by Finance.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Represent BD in the community and in professional organizations on a local or regional level.
- Periodic visits to customer locations for the purpose of understanding all product use and finding opportunities to enhance our service and quality levels to the customer through improved manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of cost reduction programs, waste reduction, quality improvement, and productivity improvement programs.
- Continuous evaluation of manufacturing systems, methods, procedures and controls is required, and changes implemented on a timely basis.
- Plant Management leadership is vital to encourage the understanding and use of new technologies geared to improving product quality or manufacturing efficiencies.
To be successful in this role, you require 10+ years’ progressive experience in manufacturing/ISC. Minimum of 8 years in a leadership role, including leading multiple layers of management.
- Thorough knowledge of direct cost systems, quality control, management principles and practices, manufacturing processes, equipment and scheduling, employee relations, purchasing and inventory control.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and successfully execute a strategy.
- Breadth of background across numerous roles/functions within Manufacturing and Supply Chain with demonstrated success in each area.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to succeed in a highly matrixed organization.
- Previous multiple site responsibility highly desirable.
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Significant knowledge of federal, state, or local mandates including, but not restricted to, FDA, EEOC, OSHA, EPA, local zoning or building codes, etc.
- Kaizen and/or Lean experience required.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management, or equivalent
- Contract manufacturing experience a plus
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ