Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performs a variety of operations to meet specified dimensions and tolerances based on manufacturing documents including part prints, process routers and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Will operate within the plant/shop safety rules and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains quality and productivity levels during the manufacturing process.
- Operates and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace conduct, performance, EH&S policies and good documentation practices.
- Works cohesively with others in a team environment.
- Perform various operations in manufacture of surgical instruments under close to moderate supervision by an experienced Lead of Finisher of a higher position.
- Operator will follow specific procedures and instructions to assemble component parts into finished goods while satisfying quality and production requirements.
- Perform polishing/grinding operations utilizing stationary floor mounted equipment which requires leaning forward with arms extended over grinding motor from a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- The primary work stance is sitting with limited standing, bending or twisting required for the Instrument Maker.
- Occasional movement of product weighing up to 50 pounds from one work station to another.
- Visual acuity adequate to detect subtle visual product non-conformities.
Education and experience required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires a completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Basic math
- Capable of reading and interpreting part prints, pre-process control sheets/project routers, and can follow the procedures necessary to manufacture quality instruments.
- Performance of operations which require finite motor skills, movement of hands in a rotary motion and good eye-hand coordination.
- Consistently demonstrated quality productivity and proficiency across most families of instruments.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MO - St Louis
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ