Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryLiberator Medical Supply™ (LMS) has been serving urology and ostomy customers for more than two decades. LMS is dedicated to providing high-quality, innovative medical supplies combined with exemplary customer service, discreet delivery of supplies and support with insurance paperwork and representation.
We have an immediate need for QA Chart Approval Representatives!
This is a 100% remote, work from home position!
In this role you will verify new patient insurance coverage and to re‐verify existing patient insurance coverage for medical supply eligibility and billing purposes.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Verification and documentation of new patient insurance coverage and coordinating costs for supplies in order to communicate to the patient and billing the patient order cost.
- Re‐verification of existing patient insurance coverage to ensure that repeat order cost and eligibility is communicated to the patient and the billing department.
- Contact insurance carriers to request any prior authorizations as needed for patients that must seek prior approval before obtaining medical supplies.
- Verification of insurance coverage through HIPAA and regulatory complaint out bound phone calls or via the provider’s online portal.
- Communication internally with Sales operations or Medical Billing operations of insurance eligibility for each new and existing patient in order to complete the sale or obtain further medical documentation.
- Communication externally with patients to explain information received relative to their insurance benefit and how it relates to their medical supply purchase
- Develops and maintains knowledge in medical terminology, billing and insurance guidelines
- Track daily production and submit daily log to direct supervisor
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Production/Quality Metrics: Demonstrate ability to produce one (1) completed insurance verification every 9‐11 minutes on average, with an error rate of 3.5% or less each calendar quarter. Production and quality standards are at the sole discretion of management.
- 1+ years medical industry or call center/customer service experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical supply publications, technical procedures, and/or training tools.
Education and experience required:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Up to 12 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to the BD Healthy Lives Program, Employee Assistance Programs, and additional support resources!
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about Liberator Medical visit https://liberatormedical.com
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart HQ
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing