Junior Mold Maker
Job Description Summary
With appropriate direction and guidance, sets up and operates all types of mold fabricating equipment: reads and interpret mold drawings; makes, alters and repairs molds and components of complex design and disassembles, cleans repairs and reassembles injection molds.
- With assistance, guidance and/or supervision of qualified/experienced Mold Maker, the Jr. Mold Maker:
- Disassembles molds utilizing methods that prevent risk of damage to components and component finishes.
- Cleans mold plates and all components. Determines mold components requiring repair or replacement. Insures proper gating, venting and cooling of molds.
- Polishes mold component finishes as required.
- Performs routine mold repairs and fabricates mold components via established methods.
- Performs development work, fitting and adjusting of mold components to maintain proper dimensional tolerances.
- Assists more experienced Mold Makers on large and complicated multi-cavity molds.
- After receiving assignment and guidance, requires minimal supervision to complete work tasks.
- Is familiar with and observes all safety and environmental procedures and QSR’s.
- Responsible for helping to keep Hoist inspected.
- Must possess a H.S. Diploma/G.E.D.
- Must have Vocational/Technical School training or education in Machining or Tool & Die
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Machinist or Tool & Die experience.
- Must be available to work 2nd shift, 3pm-11pm, Monday-Friday.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ