Job Description Summary
Excited to grow your career?
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply! Come join our Team!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
- Verify correct set-up of injection molds, presses, and auxiliary equipment before machine start up.
- Ensure press runs within validated molding conditions.
- Maintain acceptable part quality and submit samples for quality inspection and mold approval at the appropriate time.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including granulators, conveyors, liquid temperature controls, and mold electrical controls.
- Make minor repairs to machines and equipment and notify proper personnel of necessary major repairs.
- Assist mold attendant and relieve other molding technicians and mold attendants on breaks or in the event of absenteeism.
- Assist supervisor with training programs for new employees.
- Responsible and accountable for: working safely around injection molding equipment, maintaining the expected product quality, achieving adequate production levels, keeping assigned areas clean, and maintaining plantwide 5S program.
- Stay current with all departmental inspection procedures and standards. Responsible for the regular and periodic monitoring of product for acceptable quality to the most recent specification.
- Maintain records and prepare legible reports, including SPC reports, QC inspection reports, housekeeping checklists, mold cavity sheets, production downtime reports, cycle time sheets and problem/corrective action logs, etc. in accordance with departmental standards and Quality System Standards.
- Observe all safety and environmental procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts, departments, mold repair, quality control, and management to facilitate departmental goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to load or input the correct process settings based on the process sheet
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a "Cold Start" on a press/mold
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully put barrel heats and hot runner controller into Standby
- Understand how to check the Surge Bins when there are material issues
- Understand what needs to be done when preparing a mold and press for a gauge change
- Understand how to verify part containment is put on correctly, when there is a part containment problem, and what actions need taken to correct the problem
- Understand and explain the functions of the injection unit sled
- Explain why and when sprue break is needed and demonstrate the ability how it is set
- Able to work a 3/2/2/3 12 hour night shift
This job role requires the following or the ability to learn the following within 90 days of the employee’s start date.
- General knowledge of plastic materials and processes
- General knowledge of mold design and operation
- Good knowledge of injection molding processes
- Skilled in safe operation of injection molding presses
- Understanding of hydraulic circuits as applied to injection molding machines
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment involved in injection molding
- Knowledge of good documentation practices and ability to maintain accurate records
- Strong mechanical skills required
- Initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to use computer to generate product tickets and to make data entry.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years Technical Associate, Set-up role, or equivalent
About Becton Dickinson (bd):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ