At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Manufacturing Engineering jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Manufacturing Engineering careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Manufacturing Engineering job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in Manufacturing Engineering at BD may be waiting for you!
Pre-Molding Utility OperatorApply Now Job ID R-15102 Date posted 07/17/2017
Job Description SummaryAssist where needed at the Banbury, Regrind and Extrusion Operations. This will include 3rd Floor Batch-Up Mixing, Banbury Mixing, Mill, Batch-Off, Extrusion, and Regrind. This position will provide the necessary manning required where needed to meet production and quality standards.
Batch-Up Mixing Operations:
1. Keep ingredient hoppers and oil systems supplies at proper levels.
2. Supply minor ingredients to 2nd floor area for Banbury usage.
3. Maintain necessary records for proper lot and batch traceability.
1. Set-up mixer and auxiliaries as required for a specific mix or formulation using tape or manual control.
2. Inspect mixer to make sure all services are operating (i.e. lubricator, cooling water, dust collector, air supply and process oil). Collect deficiencies and report any breakdown to supervisor.
3. Supply rubber to in-feed conveyor, load minor ingredients in mixer hopper at proper time.
4. Monitor operation of automatic loading, mixing and discharge system for any miscellaneous loads of ingredients. Record necessary data in operating log provided.
5. Operate hand and electrical trucks to move and relocate materials as necessary.
6. Maintain daily machine downtime log.
1. Inspect mill to make sure all services are operating, i.e. safety stops, lubricator and cooling water. Report any malfunction to Supervisor or Technician immediately.
2. Operate mill as follows: allow batch of rubber to drop completely through mill rollers. Reload batch on mill, cross blend as needed to obtain uniform dispersion of stock. Position mill knives and strip off batch to cooling system.
3. Cut and deliver QC samples as required.
4. Maintain batch and/or lot history documentation; label all samples with correct identification.
5. Maintain dip tank for the cooling conveyor system.
6. Assist batch-off operator in maintaining of production standard for rubber stock and batch-off cooling unit.
7. Perform required PM’s.
1. Set-up Extruder to produce pellets as set-up in standards, and specifications.
2. Check the slurry contents as per standards.
3. Monitor extruding and pelletizing operation to standard set-up. Report any problems to Supervisor/Lead.
4. Load totes with pellets on skid for transfer to cold room.
5. Perform general Preventative Maintenance tasks.
1. Set-up, maintain and operate regrind equipment and all auxiliary processes (washer, granulator, conveyors).
2. Monitor incoming waste material to be processed for correct identification and separation by compound type.
3. Perform particle size analysis of regrind materials per provided test methods.
4. Assign and maintain lot history documentation of all regrind material.
5. Monitor and maintain first in, first out staging and storage of all incoming waste and outgoing regrind materials.
6. Monitor and document liquid nitrogen supply and usage.
7. Perform line clearances and required GMP cleaning.
1. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area paying particular attention to oil, waster, cardboard paper and
other foreign matter that could contaminate product.
2. Observe all Safety and Environmental Procedures and Quality System Requirements.
3. Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor, Lead, or business needs.
COMPETENCIES: (Identify 5 or 6 that are key to this position)
Continuous & Versatile Learning
Drive for Results
We Accept Personal Responsibility
We Do What is Right
Indicate education required/preferred:
H.S. Diploma/G.E.D. (if hired after 6/1/00) Internal transfers exempted Required
Workkeys Skill Levels
Applied Math - 4
Applied Technology - Not Required
Locating Information - 4
Observation - 4
Reading for Information - Not Required
Team Work - 4
Required Entry Level
3. Experience and Knowledge
Indicate the minimum level of experience required
No related experience required
Fully describe the type of knowledge, skills, or abilities required: (e.g. tools, equipment, hardware or software).
1. Forklift qualifiable.
2. Must be able to read, write and do simple math.
3. Must be computer literate.
Certification or licensure required or preferred:
Certification (Fork Truck) - Preferred
5. Supervisory Responsibility
No Supervision of others
6. Computer Skills Required for Position
7. Computer Access Required for Position
1. On-the-job Training Period
A. Upon placement into position, associate can expect to receive the following amount of training provided by a qualified trainer: 6 weeks
B. After training period is complete, additional learning will take place. List the expected period of time for an associate to be considered proficient in this position: 3 months
Gloves (Type __________________)
Goggles (Required when using compressed air)
Safety Shoes (steel toe)
Sleeves (cut resistant)
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- Laserweld / PS Tubing Team Operator - B/D shift Columbus, Nebraska 5171894
- Software Architect - Digital Health Andover, Massachusetts 5171893
- Senior Project Manager San Antonio, Texas 5171895
- IT Informatics Global Remote Connectivity System Support Engineer - HIT Sparks, Maryland 5171896