At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Quality jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Quality careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Quality at BD may be waiting for you!
Quality Engineer IIApply Now Job ID R-13220 Date posted 06/19/2017
Job Description Summary
Performs statistical analysis of new and existing processes through the use of design of multi-vari, factorial and performance experiments/testing; identifying root cause of product defects and process waste and recommending to management appropriate corrective action(s). Evaluates all changes, modifications and additions to product lines and determines the effect on product quality and costs. Coordinates the total Quality Awareness Program within his/her business segment, informing all inspection and management personnel of quality problems and solutions. Reports directly to the Associate Manager, Quality.
Through the use of accepted statistical engineering principles and experimentation design, initiates capability studies of processes to identify causes of chronic levels of defects and remedy those areas associated with a high cost of quality.
Provides functional support to the Engineering Department for the writing of protocols, data gathering and data analysis associated with the Plant Validation Program – including prospective, retrospective and revalidation efforts. Conduct process capability studies and/or process optimization studies prior to validations.
Acquires data from critical processes allowing for trend analysis and recommends action to be taken to maintain/obtain statistical process control.
To assure coordination of the overall quality effort within the plant in the following areas:
- Provides plant self audit information on the product and process to assure compliance with all government regulations (QSR, FDA and Contractual).
- Periodically reviews Quality specifications to assure accuracy and adequacy.
- Formulates and implements policies and procedure relating to product quality or process control as appropriate.
- Provide test and statistical support to customer complaint issues that arise and make recommendations on actions to be taken.
- Conducts vendor (equipment and/or raw material) quality evaluations at vendor sites as required.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related Science
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing setting.
- ASQ or Six Sigma certification preferred, not required.