Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryField Service Engineer is responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support needed; after hour phone support, holiday and weekend on-site and phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials.
Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality Standards
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
- Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy.
- Maintain company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, as well as maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Required to complete all administrative documentation required by the position in a timely basis.
- May be required to be available 24x7 via phone or pager and rotate in schedule of on-call status.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes to create a more efficient work environment.
- Typically requires an ASEE degree or a technical equivalent with a minimum of three years of experience in field engineering or related fields where a strong record of troubleshooting problems on moderate to complex instrumentation has been demonstrated
- Electronic Theory and Troubleshooting. Strong understanding of analog and digital electronics and the demonstrated ability to apply concepts in troubleshooting to determine defective components on printed circuit boards as required and uses waveforms and signal processing to determine failures.
- Computer Hardware and Software. Diagnoses operating system problems using utilities for both BD and non-BD applications. Troubleshoots networking problems within a network system consistent with BD service repair philosophy.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Writing Skills. Competent in writing documents, monthly reports, and other required administrative tasks using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Oral Communication. Fluent in communication to customers, peers, Sales, management and internal associates and works to build synergies. Has effective listening skills.
- Organizing and Planning. Effective planning of all work activities. Well organized and neat in filing, reporting and maintenance of inventory.
- Communication Tools. Competent in preparing worksheets and written documents using word processing programs. Competent in the use of system email and use of internet and intranet services. Must be proficient in the use BD Biosciences data management systems that require routine interactions required for all field reporting.
- Business Acumen. Basic understanding of the impact on the service business from quality workmanship and manages business costs associated with service work.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing