Graphic Designer - Tempe, AZ
Job Description SummaryThe Graphic Designer is responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. This includes the creation of visual design, typography, visual concept, as well as messaging/branding. This position may take the lead on on projects and may direct Junior Designers in creating concepts, layouts and final art.
- Manage entire marketing campaign(s) and adheres to deadlines
- Deliver designs in support of the Marketing Team, Sales Training, Physician Education and Biopsy
- Responsible for brainstorming, rough drafts and design mock-up ideas
- Collaborate with Director to ensure the creative team consistently delivers smart and strategic creative concepts that lead the way for marketing program deliverables
- Drive creative direction working closely with copywriters, designers, and executives
- Create promotional displays, packaging, marketing brochures and web design
- Develop the layout and production design of advertisements for magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports and other publications
- Collaborates with Director on conceptual ideas for large scale growth initiatives
- Research, develop and produce graphic materials which support BPV’s goals and objectives
- Translates business strategy, audience needs and digital capabilities into marketing campaigns that are visually and emotionally engaging
- Effectively communicate branding, desired message and visual design to team members and outsourced vendors
- Work closely with managers, asking questions to define what is needed for each franchise
- Works with the Web Designer/WebMaster to ensure all materials are up to design standards
- Coordinates edits to audio/ video materials, medical illustrations or other materials needed to support print materials
- Coordinates journal advertisements resizes and creates ads based on journal specifications
- Pitch creative solutions with confidence and clarity
- Analyze and solve problems using trends and best practices
- Collaborate with copy editors
- Serves as primary creative liaison with agencies and contractors
- Coordinate and organize photo shoots
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the Creative Services filing/archiving system; assists in maintaining/expanding the system structure; ensures all work output is appropriately filed.
- Distributes graphics, photos and images when appropriately requested by internal or external parties
- Directs, supervises and negotiates with outside designers when workload requires
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- A working knowledge of offset and digital printing techniques and layouts (press sheets).
- A working knowledge of personal computer usage (PC and Mac). Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 6 or higher and Microsoft Office 2007 or higher.
- General understanding of photography techniques and the ability to direct professional photographers in the capture of BPV products within an established photographic style.
- The ability to produce quality work output while under the stress of tight deadlines, high work volume and competing demands.
- A basic understanding of web/Internet design and production.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Good writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and requests at once.
- Organized and detail oriented
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in General Studies with course work in fine arts/graphic design or an art institute equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts preferred
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in graphic design, print production, photography and web support OR 2 years equivalent college internship project experience
- Prefer 2 years experience in lead role
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ