Market Development Associate Director - Global Oncology
Job Description Summary
Market Development Associate Director Job Description
The BDPI Oncology Market Development Associate Director role is responsible for the support of OUS geographies in the assessment and development of market opportunities for BDPI Oncology products. The Market Development Associate Director must be knowledgeable in the BDPI Oncology products as he or she will also be responsible for technical, marketing, and sales support, in addition to organizing trainings to inside teams as well as healthcare professionals, globally.
The geographical focus of this position will be dependent on the portfolio opportunity defined by BDPI Oncology globally and it can be split into developing the markets for Biopsy and Interventional Oncology or for Ports, CVCs and Drainage. The development of these four franchises globally will accelerate the execution of Oncology Strategy, which is to advance the standard of care for all who are facing or fighting cancer, ensuring global access to indispensable oncology solutions to minimize the fear and impact of cancer.
Prerequisites and Desirable Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a technical, scientific, or business discipline. An advanced degree is desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of sales, marketing, and/or clinical experience is required. Experience with oncology related products, services, or treatment is strongly desired.
- Must have strong international sales or marketing experience.
- The ability to travel internationally at least 50% of time per month is required.
- Possess a valid passport and the ability to obtain a Business Visa
- Multilingual candidates (Spanish, Chinese, Japanese) are a plus.
- Skills in leadership, project management and business administration
- Senior experience and ability to plan, analyze and forecast sales results
- Team player with excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written
- Customer focused
- Results driven
- Strong skills in negotiation
- Capable of working independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to interact effectively with all management levels
Essential Job Functions:
- Have a deep understanding of BD Oncology market penetration status in the various countries all over the world (current portfolio/competitors, key stakeholders, purchasing processes, market access/reimbursement requirements)
- Responsible for identifying market trends, competition behaviors and customer needs to maximize business opportunities and minimize potential threats and developing strategies to address in the prioritized countries
- Responsible for implementing a global action plan to support the achievement of international sales goals, including targeting, pricing, communication plan
- Works with other BD functions (R&D, Marketing, Medical/Clinical Affairs, Finance, Legal, Market Access, HEOR) to evaluate benefits and risks of bringing new business models, technologies into BDPI Oncology for development and commercialization
- Works with Finance and Marketing to build financial business cases demonstrating the potential value of new technologies/business models to the business
- Partner with Market Access/Reimbursement to drive market development activities focused on getting reimbursement for BD Oncology products
- Demonstrates an understanding of BD policies, procedures, and regulations to maintain a satisfactory record of compliance
- Maintains open, effective communication with all territory personnel, customers, and other BD Associates
- Demonstrates an ability to establish relationships with all pertinent account personnel including physicians, nurses, technologists, and administrators
- Maintain and develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
- Prepare a monthly commercial report
- Perform other projects and tasks requested by Management
- Sales training support to our international partners and distributors
- Provide access to division-based continuing education
- Assist in Global Physician Education Program
- Contribute to monthly calls with regional marketing managers
- Support POA process for all regions
- Keep regions notified of NPD updates
- Support sample requests
- Provide access to division marketing materials and resources
- Assist in organizing International activities at division events (NSM, SSM, Franchise Review)
- Support OUS congresses and conferences
- Support Regulatory Affairs with International Regulatory Releases
- Assist Clinical Affairs with International Clinical Trial activities
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ