Job Description SummaryThe Marketing Manager is responsible for both upstream and downstream marketing and will develop the strategic and tactical initiatives for the franchise he or she manages on a global basis. In addition, the Marketing Manager is responsible for market assessment, competitor analysis, new product development projects, managing commercial expenses and managing the franchise team.
- Define markets, determine market needs, and devise selling techniques as they relate to short and long range profitability goals based on customer preferences, competitive positioning and market dynamics.
- Recommend potential acquisitions.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans. Responsible for long term goals and objectives for the market segment.
- Work with the Sales team to attain group and company sales goals.
- Develop and execute market research plans including collecting user inputs.
- Work closely with R&D for the timely development and release of product line extensions, product platforms, and enabling new product technologies. Lead translation of market needs to design features.
- Identify new markets through various methodologies.
- Responsible for commercial marketing expense management.
- Create new product release plan and documents to include timing, release manuals, slides, video, competitive positioning, pricing, promotion, and delivery. Develop sales training materials.
- Complete market research to analyze/define trends in market share, competitive dynamics, customer buying patterns, new product introductions, pricing, trends, etc.
- Develop list prices and discount strategy.
- Evaluate product line expansion/pruning based on sales and profitability.
- Create promotional materials and sales tools.
- Develop annual product sales forecast based on procedure strategies, adoption rates, delivery alternatives, and corporate objectives.
- Create product sales forecasts and monthly updates.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with Key Opinion Leader.
- Lead Sales Force training for relevant products.
- Support field sales organization on technical product inquiries.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors.
- Bachelor degree required, Marketing focused degree preferred. MBA preferred but not required.
- Minimum seven years of business experience in marketing/sales or equivalent role.
- Development of medical devices from conceptualization to launch
- Product life cycle management
- Product profitability management
- Forecasting and pricing
- Development of promotional materials
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good business judgment and maturity
- Proven leadership, communication, partnership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Strong analytical, research and technical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-work skills. Must be able to lead a team and work with cross functions (R&D, Quality, Regulatory, etc.)
- Good business judgment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Has ability to think strategically.
- Has strong visionary skills and can clearly articulate and implement the vision
- Leads by example and instills the BD Values.
- Must be able to travel.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
#LI - PRO
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ