Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummarySupports the implementation and maintenance of the Polarion system used for manage elements of the Design History File (customer needs, design inputs, design outputs, design verification/validation), Device Master Record (Validation Master Plan, Control Plan) and the Risk Management File (uFMEA, dFMEA, pFMEA).
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
- Responsible for co-defining and implementing product lifecycle "processes that work" in Polarion for the various engineering teams.
- General administration (configuration, workflows, reports, templates, access, permissions, etc.)
- User training, development of how-to's, and process improvement
- Document procedures and training material.
- Updating template/project configurations, workflows, and work item meta data
- Coordinate security and software updates with internal IT and Siemens
- Developing dashboards and Live Reports that support engineering and managing needs
- Work with internal engineering teams to define and implement processes that support the following activities for information stored within Polarion: approvals/signoff, configuration/change management, Qualifications
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, or Associate's degree in a technical discipline
- Previous job experience with Polarion performing the responsibilities listed in this posting for at least 12 months
- Experience using Polarion within a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace, financial, automotive, etc)
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn, and a demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on new technologies and technical issues.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.