Product Manager - Tempe, AZ
Job Description SummaryThe Product Manager will develop the strategic and tactical initiatives for a key market segment on a global basis. Prepare three-year strategic plans for a market segment and annual Marketing tactical plans projecting the direction and growth of the market, sales revenues, product lines, expenses, and profit and loss. Demonstrates leadership within the Division Marketing department, takes an active role in day-to-day operations, and plays a lead role in the product development activity for his/her business segment responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define markets, determine market needs, and devise selling techniques as they relate to short- and long-range profitability goals based on customer preferences, competitive positioning, and market dynamics.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans. Responsible for long-term goals and objectives for the market segment.
- Work closely with R&D for the timely development and release of product line extensions, product platforms, and enabling new product technologies. Lead translation of market needs to design features.
- Identify new markets through various methodologies.
- Create new product release plan and documents to include timing, release manuals, slides, video, competitive positioning, pricing, promotion, and delivery. Develop sales training materials.
- Complete market research to analyze/define trends in market share, competitive dynamics, customer buying patterns, new product introductions, pricing, trends, etc.
- Work with marketing team to implement new programs and projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required; MBA in Marketing or Business preferred
- At least seven years business experience and five to seven years experience in marketing product development of medical devices from ideation to launch
- Strong Marketing skills
- Product life cycle management
- Product profitability management
- Forecasting and pricing
- Development of promotional materials
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good business judgment and maturity
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Our focus is on furthering Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) at BD to drive innovation, to better understand patient and customer needs, and to make BD the best possible place for all people to work. Creating a culture of individual belonging, building and engaging diverse teams and leveraging the unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences of our associates will deliver better outcomes for our global marketplace. At BD, furthering Inclusion and Diversity is not just the right thing to do—it is both a cultural priority and a strategic imperative.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ