Job Description SummaryThe Product Manager will develop the strategic and tactical initiatives for a key market segment on a global basis. Demonstrates leadership within the Division Marketing department, takes an active role in day-to-day operations, and plays a lead role in the product development activity for his/her business segment responsibility. Perform key marketing activities associated to upstream and downstream marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with R&D to develop a strong portfolio of product development projects that support the strategic direction and grow the business.
- Build relationship with and know key customers/distributors and major buying groups.
- Take an active role on product development teams as leader or key participant.
- Communicate with domestic sales force and global marketing entities (directly and through international marketing).
- Identify and communicate market trends to division management and internal “team.”
- Develop and implement comprehensive product marketing plans including strategic and technical components
- Forecast sales volume, monthly and long-term.
- Budget administration (promotional and expense).
- Profit and loss responsibility for product line.
- Identify and develop marketing programs, sales tools and promotions.
- Assist in preparing Business Plans.
- Recommend product line modifications, extensions, new products and product deletions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years sales/marketing experience in healthcare field. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in healthcare communications, education and promotions.
- Proficient in MS Suite.
- Must be able to travel, including international travel, as needed.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ