Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThis position supports product leadership and risk management of new product development and sustaining activities.
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
- Technical leadership skills including an understanding of medical device operations (e.g., medical device manufacturing, process development, quality assurance)
- Leads development of risk assessments and test methods
- Leads component qualifications, design validation / verification and process validation
- Leads product investigations
- Ability to make and present risked based decisions
- Assess product changes against product design
- Supports translation of design inputs into manufacturing control plans
- Develop and implement procedures to comply with corporate and industry standards.
- Coordinates and/or directs all aspects of product development activity related to a product line
- Leads development of risk assessments and test methods
- Quality engineering representation on Product Development Teams
- Prepare and present project updates and technical discussions
- Participate in project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking
- Support internal and external supplier audits
- Provide support to the regulatory department in writing technical submissions
- Complies with company procedures and policies, government regulations
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Knows how products are used and impact the user(s) so that risk can be managed effectively
- Apply Quality Engineering tools (Sampling Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Statistics, etc.)
- Ability to lead creation of risk management files
- Ability to develop solutions with business impact
- Advanced statistical and risk assessment techniques
- Working knowledge of test method (development and validation), equipment qualifications, process and design validation, risk assessment techniques, and component qualification methodologies
- Ability to make and present risk-based decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and optimize manufacturing and quality systems
- Product, design & prototyping
- Ability to create and provide training
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to create, review and coordinate test protocols and reports
- Ability to generate engineering proposals
- Oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to Lead cross functional teams
- Understanding of regulatory requirements including ISO 13485, ISO 14971
- Quality Engineering Certification (ASQ) or equivalent
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in engineering or Quality engineering experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or equivalent industry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use sight, and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to verbally communicate with other associates. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. BD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe BPV Building 1
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-5pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.