Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
This position is designed to assist with the remediation process of existing products in efforts to bring the product lines in compliance with the EU MDR regulations for the Product Engineering Surgical franchise. This position evaluates existing design validation, manufacturing processes, test methods and equipment. This position is also responsible for conducting engineering studies for process improvements and validations.
This position is a temporary assignment which will include benefits such as (medical, health, dental, 401k). Eligibility for these benefits will be based on the eligibility requirements as determined by the BD Total Rewards policy. This position will support BD & BARD integration efforts and is anticipated to last approximately through September 2022.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and support staff.
- Understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Participates and/or leads cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions to relevant stakeholders.
- Writes and approves protocols, reports and data.
- Oversees testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Coordinates/develops validation studies on equipment and processes.
- Conducts complaint investigations.
- Prepares and submits for approval requests for project funding.
- Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
- Analyzes problems in design, process and test development.
- Recommends data driven solutions through application of engineering principles
- Develops and implements procedures to provide easy-to-follow instructions.
- Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures, and policies.
- Creates and executes project plans to completion while managing the project budget.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a technical field with a minimum of 4 years experience within the medical device/pharma or biotech industry or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience within the medical device/pharma or biotech industry.
- Proficient creating project plans in MS Project preferred
- DFM, Lean or Six Sigma preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.