Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
This position designs, develops and implements new products, processes, test methods and equipment. This position is responsible for conducting engineering studies and validations for design and process activities for new product development projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and support staff.
- Participates in and/or leads cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on component design, material selection, process development, fixturing design, systems development and equipment design.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Writes and approves protocols, reports.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data using statistical theory and software.
- Oversees and co-ordinates testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Coordinates/develops validation studies on equipment and processes.
- Conducts complaints and failure investigations.
- Understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures, and policies.
- Prepares and submits approval requests for project funding.
- Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
- Analyzes problems in design, process and test development using a data-driven approach.
- Recommends solutions accordingly.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
- Develops and implements procedures to provide easy-to-follow instructions.
- Synthesizes large amounts of information and data into a concise form to communicate recommendations/status to project leaders and/or key project stakeholders with minimal oversight.
Required Qualifications / Years of Experience:
Bachelors of Engineering or Science with 4-7 years of experience in the engineering field in a regulated industry
Masters of Engineering or Science with 3-6 years of experience in the engineering field in a regulated industry
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Hands on experience with prototype and product building and testing especially with small components
- Experience in design and process transfer to a production facility
- Develops and documents solutions to problems of large scope and high complexity with minimal oversight
- Ability to proactively think critically and divergently as the topic/challenge requires
- Proficient in CAD software for component, fixturing, and equipment design
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.