Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here, you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
As an R&D Project Manager you will have an opportunity make a profound difference by:
- Leading concurrent projects for the development of new capital equipment products used by oncology professionals. The products are critical to identifying time sensitive risk factors that may contribute quickly managing serious cancerous events.
- Bringing complex products from design to commercialization by working with cross-functional R&D, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and marketing/sales and internal/external supplier teams.
- Using your planning, skilled budget and cost improvement experiences to track and prioritize project schedules and to gather and provide feedback to individuals who directly report to you, team contributors and BD leadership.
- Utilizing your technical expertise will provide team leadership to meet company objectives and ensure department responsibilities are completed with the superior quality standards expected in a highly regulated environment.
- Train and mentor a team of project professionals and participate in training for yourself to ensure procedures and policies are current.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Within the medical device industry, seven (7) years’ project management experience working with cross-functional product development and delivery teams
- Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects from design to commercialization
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.