R&D Sourcing Manager
Job Description SummaryThe R&D Sourcing Manager is accountable for the procurement work stream of Global Product Development System (GPDS) process and R&D activities through strategic supplier development and selection process to ensure optimized time to market, best value delivery while meeting business requirements in terms of financial targets, quality, delivery, regulatory, contracting and compliance requirements. This role will work in close alignment with global and regional sourcing teams and also cross-functional teams to drive the sourcing strategy for the assigned business pipeline of innovation projects.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
This role will:
- Be accountable for the overall sourcing strategy for Innovation/GDPS projects, contributing to the projects’ commercial success as part of the GDPS core team.
- Lead the overall planning, leadership and execution of all procurement activities and ensure appropriate alignment between suppliers, sourcing associates and GPDS cross-functional teams.
- Act as single point of contact and represent all aspects of Procurement at new product development and innovation project core team meetings
- Align overall sourcing strategy for new product development work and insure clear communication of material/design requirements, schedule and project deliverables
- Foster collaboration with our external preferred supplier networks to leverage on their innovation capabilities, transforming ideas into commercial solutions to contribute to BD’s top-line revenue growth
- Responsible for partner relationships with assigned product development teams as well as with sourcing associates for pre- and post-launch new product development activities.
- Execute new product development pre-launch activities such as commercial aspects of supplier qualification and supplier development in close collaboration with R&D, cross-functional operations teams as well as category/procurement teams
- Where applicable, establishes initial post-launch supplier relationship management with key suppliers and ensure that all suppliers are treated in a professional, ethical and fair manner
- Responsible for managing to procurement project deliverables and for integrating the appropriate sourcing and procurement activities into the R&D project or New Product Development process
- Improves BD's financial position through procurement related project deliverables, cost savings, non-price value opportunities and risk mitigation impacting R&D and New Product Development teams.
- Represents all aspects of Procurement at Core Team meetings
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Required: Bachelor Degree or Masters in Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain or equivalent
- Two - three years of work experience in strategic sourcing, supplier development or innovation procurement experience.
- Strong influencing and communication skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization. A
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- High cross-functional understanding of New Product Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Chain processes and standards
- Strong business and commercial acumen and result oriented
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Experience in medical technology, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as an advantage
- Some travel may be required.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status. #LI-ISC
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Additional LocationsUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ