Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryWe are seeking an R&D Technician I for our Tempe, AZ facility. This person contributes to activities required to remediate commercial products for EU MDR, completion of routine technical tasks under close supervision and develops solutions to routine technical problems of specified scope. Their contacts are primarily with other technicians, immediate supervisor, engineers, project leaders, and other professionals in the unit.
This position is a temporary assignment which will include benefits such as (medical, health, dental, 401k). Eligibility for these benefits will be based on the eligibility requirements as determined by the BD Total Rewards policy. This position will support BD & BARD integration efforts and is anticipated to last approximately through September 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Responsible for assisting in design, development and evaluation of existing products, materials and technologies.
- Develops prototype products, processes and test set-ups
- Sets up and operates manufacturing and/or test equipment. Records data with limited supervision.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produces engineering documents, reports, and drawings (flow charts, block diagrams and schematics).
- Prepares reports and summaries, including quantitative analysis.
- Scope equipment for use and complete qualifications
- Notifies manager upon recognition of factors that may affect project
- Execution of designed test protocol
- Effective documentation and communication of test results
- A combination of high school education (technical focus is preferred) and 2 or more years of relevant work experience (4 or more is preferred)
Or a minimum of an Associate Degree with less than 2 years relevant work experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in prototype building and testing.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Ability to manufacture devices including small components
- Ability to understand and perform designed test procedures
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group is critical
- Application of technical principles and concepts.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Uses standard and approved research and development methods
- Develops solutions to problems of up to moderate scope and complexity, as assigned, through the exercise of judgment within defined practices and policies for determining appropriate actions
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 730am-4pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.