Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThis position provides diverse project teams with engineering, design, analysis, and documentation for New Product Development, Sustaining Engineering, Process Development, and Production projects. Design and engineering efforts will include system level product and equipment design, engineering analysis, material and manufacturing process selection.
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
- Functions as a design leader on product design teams and performs all related design functions, including design, analysis and technical writing of analysis reports.
- Participates in product design brainstorm sessions.
- Performs DFM/ DFA analysis.
- May travel to other BD sites, conferences, or training events.
- Ensures that design related activities are completed on-time in support of program goals.
- Frequently coordinates activities of other technical personnel.
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and support staff.
- Provides technical support on components, materials, methods, systems, and equipment.
- Understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides input to department and division procedures, and policies.
- Analyzes problems in design and process development and recommends solutions.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
- Bachelors of Engineering or Science with 5-7 years of design, analysis and engineering experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry, OR Masters of Engineering or Science with 4-6 years of design, analysis and engineering experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry
- Electro-mechanical system design experience, including PCB / wiring design, software creation, electrical testing, etc.
- Prototype development experience including rapid prototyping.
- Experience with specifying medical grade materials.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work in multifunctional teams.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to proactively think critically and divergently as the topic/challenge requires
- Develops and documents solutions to problems of large scope and high complexity with minimal oversight
- FDA Quality System Requirements and GMP experience.
- GLP requirements.
- Equipment and tooling design experience.
- Experience in design and process transfer to a production facility
Education and/or Experience:
- BSEE or MSEE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use sight, and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to verbally communicate with other associates. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. BD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.