VP Integrated Supply Chain, PI (Tempe, AZ)
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
This position is located in Tempe, AZ and requires relocation to the area.
This position will have overall responsibility for leading and directing designated integrated supply chain operations and associated support functions (domestic) for the PI Business Unit. This leadership role participates on the Business Unit Leadership Team and the Segment Operations leadership team.
Primary responsibility is ensuring the on-time production of high-quality products in a cost-efficient and safe fashion, as well as developing long-term strategies for optimization of manufacturing operations in concert with Division and Corporate objectives. This role has significant collaboration with manufacturing sites outside of their direct responsibility requiring extensive collaboration with peers in broader BDI/BDX.
This role will report directly to the Segment SVP BDI Operations with a reporting matrix to the PI BU President.
Based in Tempe, AZ
Strategy & Performance:
- Translate BU/Platforms strategy into a global Integrated Supply Chain strategy.
- Cultivates an environment of continuous improvement in the areas of cost, quality, service and manufacturing best practices.
- Drives lean thinking/manufacturing concepts through all manufacturing and administrative functions with a focus on improving end to end value streams.
- Drive targeted performance in the Integrated Supply Chain, leading Lean transformation from manufacturing to end to end.
- Represents ISC and plays a key role in the BU leadership team to create and support the business strategy, constructively challenges the BU LT to drive ISC performance and capabilities.
- Assure compliance of manufacturing facilities and divisional locations to Quality/
- Safety/Regulatory/EEOC/Environmental Regulations/ESG goals.
- Responsible for inventory objectives and accomplishment of service level goals.
- Responsible for management of Finished Goods Product planning activities against divisional objectives.
Organizational & Planning:
- Partners with Business leaders to ensure effective execution of the S&OP and long-term planning processes.
- Integrate functional approaches across the E2E Value Stream.
- Lead large sophisticated matrixed organizations and build partnerships with BU, IQSC functional/regional peers to define and implement ISC strategy in response to market and technology changes.
- Develop, communicate, and execute ISC strategic priorities across organization, ensuring alignment to goals.
- Assure effective divisional and facility procurement practices that creates competitive advantages in low-cost manufacturing, supplier-based cost improvement and opportunities to have immediate access to most current technologies.
- Provide direct leadership over operations with full accountability of E2E ISC performance and capability leading a E2E strong team.
- Provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing organization.
- Establish and monitor annual goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance against objectives.
- Inspire and influence across all levels (business, regions and functions).
- Lead organization’s strategy to achieve “Global Employer of Choice” – strengthen talent pool, ensure robust succession plans and ongoing associate development.
- Drives high engagement: Foster a speak up culture that values diverse perspectives.
- Creates and champions a strong Inclusion & Diversity organization and culture.
- Effectively networks across the BDX network to get results.
- Participates, as necessary in due diligence activities for acquisitions of companies, product lines and new technology.
- Key member of the BDI Segment Integrated Supply Chain Team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BS\BA Engineering degree Preferred. Advanced degree strongly preferred (MBA)
- Ten (10) years direct experience in operations leadership, including developing and executing operations strategies
- Experience in discrete medical device manufacturing preferred
- Plant Management experience required. Experience leading multiple facilities required.
- Independent and autonomous in driving global Supply Chain priorities
- Hands on experience in supply planning, SIOP/IBP, ERP, MRP and advanced analytics
- Demonstrates strong results orientation.
- Proven track record of implementing change, driving cost improvements and increasing efficiencies
- Strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to optimally network and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Proven track record of building strong teams and a talent pipeline.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for staff and key personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong digital literacy. Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ