AR Medical Billing Representative (Remote)
Job Description SummaryJob Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
Liberator Medical Supply™ (LMS) has been serving urology and ostomy customers for more than two decades. LMS is dedicated to providing high-quality, innovative medical supplies combined with exemplary customer service, discreet delivery of supplies and support with insurance paperwork and representation.
We have an immediate need for AR Medical Billing Representatives!
This is a 100% remote, work from home position!
In this role you will process medical billing claims, collect patient or provider payments, resolve questions and problems with a customer’s accounts, process patient refunds, appeals to include re-determinations and re-submissions of billing to patient payers for payment on medical supply orders.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Receive payment denials and to investigate the reason and rectify the situation with the payer or patient
- Receive inbound and to place outbound calls from customers, Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial insurance providers regarding patient payments
- Provide written correspondence to audit requests to include investigation and obtaining of appropriate documentation to be attached to response.
- Document status of billing and payment process in patient account for future follow-up.
- Keep current on payer requirements via research and coaching to ensure guidelines and procedures are being met for each payer.
- Answer and follow up on calls from patients with billing questions
- Complete all end of month reports as requested, directed or assigned
- Complete all internal system service ticket requests as assigned
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical supply publications, technical procedures, and/or training tools.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work some evening shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed
Education and experience required:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); three to five years prior medical supply billing experience and/or 2-4 years prior experience as an AR Billing Representative II exceeding performance levels and expectations for that role.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Up to 12 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to the BD Healthy Lives Program, Employee Assistance Programs, and additional support resources!
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about Liberator Medical visit https://liberatormedical.com
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart Airport Road
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ