Product Support Specialist-Repairs (Vancouver BC/contrat)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
In this 12-month contract role, as the Product Support Specialist - Repairs, you will be troubleshooting technical problems, diagnosing, analyzing and/or repairing products in a medical environment. You will have a knowledge of concepts related to systems, products, processes and business practices to diagnose and remedy system issues, identifies and coordinates basic system and device issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provides technical support to external customers to resolve issues regarding proprietary software & hardware
- Performs reactive/proactive Preventive Maintenance as assigned
- Responsible for the overall ownership of the service order, or ensure escalation processes are followed appropriately.
- Interviews customers to collect information about known issues, then leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error or cause of problem.
- Logs and tracks all service order activity in SAP ECC, maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Consults with advanced team members and their liaisons to understand software and hardware errors.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment and pumps. Assists with the picking and packing of medical equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction on equipment operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Responsible for pre-install checks, routine checks, trouble shooting and restoration of equipment to determine that the equipment is functioning according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Update and provide management with feedback regarding any improvement strategies that may be implemented
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and coordinating customer service needs with other departments as required.
- Manages parts per the parts management policy and procedures
- Transport equipment and supplies as needed.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete own work
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work
To be successful in this role, you require to be based near Vancouver, BC, and ability to travel across Canada up to 70%. Fluent in English (read, write, speak) with a superb customer service skills.
Education and experience required:
- College or University graduate in Biomedical or Electronics, Technology or Healthcare related field preferred
- Field customer service experience, and possess basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a job family or skill
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationCAN Mississauga - Millcreek Drive
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ