Senior Manager, Demand & Supply Chain Planning - BDI Surgery
Job Description Summary
Senior Manager, Demand & Supply Chain Planning – BDI Surgery
BD Interventional’s Surgery worldwide business unit, located in Rhode Island, is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies.
Our company has a strong tradition of developing our employees to learn, grow and excel. We are continually building our team with qualified, team oriented individuals to enhance the success of our company.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager, Demand & Supply Chain Planning is accountable for all Supply Chain activities of assigned product portfolio to optimize inventory, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, execution oversight, and monitoring and reporting of results to management. Lead and facilitate SIOP process for a given business segment in order to align market and financial requirements with manufacturing capabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) Process for assigned portfolio.
- Track and report performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Leverage Lean Concepts and Six Sigma tools to develop and effectively implement advanced Supply Chain solutions, processes, and systems improvements.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Operations, New Product Development, and Finance to develop and implement feasible and successful new product launches.
- Accountable for oversight of manufacturing, inventory management, and distribution operations to ensure customer service goals are attained with minimal product expiry and obsolescence.
- Leverage Advance Planning and ERP technologies to provide full WIP and product visibility through the supply chain.
- Lead and manage a world-class team of Supply Chain Analysts by recruiting, training, mentoring, and rewarding for high levels of company contribution.
- Provides personal development and learning opportunities that support individual subordinate growth and career development.
- Lead supply chain Business Planning process annually and provide quarterly updates.
- Ensure personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Prepare Executive Level presentations as required.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Must have strong analytical, project management, and consulting skills, with the ability to influence, work effectively, and implement solutions in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Previous demand planning, forecasting, and sales planning experience required.
- Previous experience with ERP/APS systems required.
- Distribution, inventory, and lifecycle management preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- 30% Travel is required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or Operations required; Masters or MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years Supply Chain and/or Operations
- A minimum of 3 years people management is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job, and is not intended to be all inclusive of the work to be performed. The incumbent(s) will typically perform other related job activities, special assignments and less significant responsibilities.
Primary Work LocationUSA IL - Vernon Hills
Additional LocationsUSA RI - Warwick
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ