At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Research and Development jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Research and Development careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Research and Development at BD may be waiting for you!
Senior Principal Scientist CMC DevelopmentApply Now Job ID R-18406 Date posted 08/23/2017
Job Description Summary
The Staff Scientist in Analytical Chemistry will have expert skills in pharmaceutical analytical chemistry, clinical trial manufacturing and authoring of CMC sections of regulatory submissions. They must possess a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical development process from pre-clinical development through life-cycle management. The selected candidate will be engaged with cross-functional teams seeking to develop new chemical entities in a variety of dosage forms to support BD’s Infection Prevention Platform; keep abreast of potential new technologies to enable the design of new products, update current products and enhance technical capabilities to support development activities; leverage existing technologies and resources to advance our core businesses; advance our characterization, testing, analysis, and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities; plan and lead CMC development projects from concept to manufacturing; collaborate in the evaluation and assessment of competitive products, processes and new trends to ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
1. Project Leadership
- Analytical Chemistry: Actively lead and participate in activities to support the development of novel pharmaceutical dosage forms for the Infection Prevention Platform.
- Conceive and develop technologies to advance business goals internally and through the identification of external collaborative opportunities.
- Deliver new product solutions which offer differentiating value to the business, our customers, patients, and the environment.
- Preclinical/Clinical Manufacturing: Actively lead and participate in Preclinical/Clinical Manufacturing activities to facilitate in vivo evaluations of developed drug products for the Infection Prevention Platform.
- Responsible for solving advanced technical problems.
- Plan, implement and monitor the delivery of designated products with accountability for projects success.
- Regulatory Writing: Actively author and defend applicable CMC activities for products under development.
- Technology Transfer: Work with in plant resources to implement and execute efficient and effective transitions of products from research & development to manufacturing.
- Partnership: Identify, establish working relationships and leverage best in class product and internal and external technology development partners.
- Process Effectiveness: Utilization of the scientific method to identify problems or potential risks and deliver quick, effective solutions to enable projects to meet their timing and deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed for effective and timely engagement of other parts of the company in product development activities.
2. Organizational Development
- Associate Development: Actively mentor associates in related technical roles. Provide technical direction and frequent feedback. Participate and assist in their success.
- Continue to raise the bar on technical skills and help associates rise to expectations. Advise management of technical needs and desired skill mix.
- R&D Communication: Hold and encourage frequent formal and informal communication within the team.
- Influence Others: Intuitively and quickly assess people and situations and act accordingly. Demonstrate strong persuasion and timing skills. Remain open to be persuaded when appropriate.
- Inclusive Work Environment: Promote and leverage diversity to achieve best outcomes. Ensure all interested parties have opportunities to influence and contribute to decisions and outcomes.
- Leadership Courage: Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Engage those who disagree to persuade or be persuaded. Instill confidence in associates and customers. Demonstrate agility and taking appropriate action when facing change and uncertainty. Effectively manage change and instill confidence.
- Masters or PhD degree, preferably PhD, in Pharmacy, Chemistry, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with 8 or more years of related experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Successful track record of developing and delivering to market commercially viable products. Knowledge of analytical chemistry, chromatographic separations, method development and validation in the pharmaceutical industry is required along with a background in GMP manufacturing of commercial or clinical trial materials are highly desired.
Primary Work LocationUSA IL - Vernon Hills
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- Product Manager, Pharmacy Surveillance Birmingham, Alabama 6308561
- Back-up Line Mechanic Sandy, Utah 6308562
- Lab Automation Field Service Engineer ( Field Based Houston Texas) Houston, Texas 6308559
- Instrument Buyer/Planner Sparks, Maryland 6308563