Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibility of the Associate Territory Manager (ATM) is to provide field level support to physicians and other clinical and administrative professionals, predominantly in hospitals and surgery centers. Working closely with their assigned Territory Managers, ATMs will travel extensively to provide in-servicing support, product demonstrations, and case support on the safe and effective use of BD's Endourology devices. They will help drive sales revenue to exceed division targets, and define and develop new business opportunities that clearly reflect the company’s goals and contribute to overall team success. The ATM role is designed to lead qualified and proven individuals to the position of Territory Manager. ATMs must be open to relocation to assume responsibility for an open territory. Additionally, they must conduct business with integrity and in accordance with BD's Code of Ethics and all applicable policies, rules and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Coordinates with field sales, the logistics, timing, duration, strategy and execution of field level customer training and technical support of clinical cases.
• Works with sales management in prioritizing targeted customers, cases and training events.
• Supports the development of regional physician proctors to help with formal and informal training activities.
• Conducts training and in-servicing for hospital surgery staff and support personnel.
• Supports the development of regional centers of excellence and works with Marketing on the execution of territory physician training seminars.
• Provides support for regional marketing events, conventions and symposia.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Maintains equipment, advertising, and promotional matter in a presentable and orderly manner.
• Organization: (A) Completes all paperwork on time and thoroughly; (B) Keeps accurate up-to-date account records; (C) Utilizes funnel to set goals and target accounts.
• Accurate use of productive selling time; i.e., dealer calls in late afternoon with a minimum of three O.R.s per day and four surgeon contacts per day. Doctors not available at the hospital to be contacted in their office.
• Acquires extensive knowledge of prices, discounts, availability of each product according to quality and quantity.
• Maintains adequate supply of promotional tools (samples, brochures, videos).
• Must have all basic product knowledge and acquire knowledge of all new products added to the line. Must be able to apply this knowledge to adequately conduct in-service education to all hospitals.
• Stays within expense budget.
• Knows and optimally uses selling presentations as well as standard answers to objections.
• Recognizes need for continual training. To upgrade knowledge of trends (business, technological, sociological), sales skills, promotion techniques, information on new product, sales forecast ability.
• Maintains judicious relations with District Manager, Territory Managers, and customers.
• Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, prioritizes time for effective coverage of territory, elimination of needless driving. A daily written plan is to be used.
• Develops detailed knowledge of company policies, ability to interpret them to customers and prospects.
• Maintains the company car in a clean, orderly, and serviceable condition.
• Uses to the best advantage, nurses lectures, journal club meetings, local seminars, resident lectures, hospital displays and evaluation committee product presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 1-3 years general sales experience.
• Experience working in a team environment, particularly with sales people.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills.
• Good judgment and maturity.
• Willing to relocate to fill an open Full Line Territory Manager position.
• Ability to travel 80%, including overnight travel.
• Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
• Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility access requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings with a satisfactory result in accordance with the requirements of the customer/medical facility serviced.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Understands of the needs/analysis approach to sales.
• Understands the product buyer concept.
• Understands contract administration.
• Understands principles of group purchasing to include research, formulating and recommend proposal.
• Basic anatomy - Ability to discuss the various products in relation to the human body.
• Familiarity with medical and surgical terminology.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA RI - Warwick
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing