Global Labeling Manager (REMOTE OPTIONAL)
Job Description Summary
The Global Labeling Manager will be responsible for managing the labeling group including resource planning, performance management and career development. This role is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and implementation of all activities within the labeling function. This role will also support and oversee labeling projects and all labeling activities supporting the development of new and current commercialized products. The individual in this role will provide labeling support to manufacturing as well as identify opportunities for new labeling concepts, materials, process, and systems.
Essential Duties, Position Responsibilities
- Directly manages the labeling team. Provides coaching, mentoring, and effective oversight of the team.
- Responsible for deploying personnel effectively to meet changing needs of the BU, managing through priorities and demands to support BU growth.
- Sets expectations and direct management of key suppliers and vendors related to printed labels, translations, and IFU printing.
- In conjunction with purchasing and supplier quality, collaborates on supplier partner selection to ensure quality service levels and effective cost management.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to drive improved label process (e.g. culture, training, processes, tools, standards, etc.).
- Provide and/or contribute long term vision and strategies to meet BU and segment goals and objectives.
- Leads and ensures cross-functional collaboration to comply with BU labeling procedures and external global regulatory standards.
- Supports the BU with planning, coordinating, developing, implementing, and managing all activities related to launching and commercializing new products, line extensions, and sustaining labeling changes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Art/Graphic Design or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ required experience with developing artwork and graphics for FDA regulated medical device or drug products and creation and management of design changes in an electronic environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in a managerial role with direct reports.
- Experience utilizing computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as CAD, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign, and other related software.
- Experience with a label design software (i.e. EasyLabel, NiceLabel, or BarTender) is preferred.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills to be able to present to management, extended teams, internal & external teams, staff, and peers effectively.
- Customer-service orientated with demonstrated ability to work effectively and build cross-functional relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Excellent organization and problem solving/analytical skills; takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues. Simplifies complexity by breaking down issues into manageable parts. Looks beyond the obvious to get a root cause. Develops insight into problems, issues and situations.
- Technical writing and copy editing skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment; ability to re-direct efforts in response to changing circumstances. Is receptive to new ideas and new ways of doing things. Effectively prioritizes according to completing demands and shifting objectives. Can navigate through uncertainty and knows when to change course.
- Advanced knowledge of the manufacturing processes and ability to work with manufacturing plants to drive labeling changes into production.
- Strong project management skills.
- Results Oriented; effectively executes on plans, drives results and takes accountability for outcomes. Perseveres and does not give up easily in challenging situations
- Proven desire and capacity to expand expertise to develop new skills and grow professionally. Seek and takes ownership of opportunities to learn, acquire new knowledge and deepen technical expertise. Takes advantage of formal and informal development opportunities. Takes on challenging work assignments that lead to professional growth.
- Must be able to work US Eastern Time Zone business core hours.
- Able to travel domestic and international as needed up to 25-30% of time to support projects, business objectives, and people development.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA RI - Warwick
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ