Senior International Marketing Manager
Job Description Summary
The Advanced Repair and Reconstruction (ARR) Platform is the global industry leader in hernia repair. This position will be responsible for managing the hernia repair portfolio with a focus on specific regions outside the US in both upstream and downstream capacities. The position will work with International business leaders and country managers to develop country specific market development plans based on local market conditions and global best practices. Leverage and coordinate resources between US and International, as well as between the various International entities to ensure success of growth strategy. Develop detailed knowledge of regional/local market trends, issues, etc. to provide guidance and challenge local decisions, assumptions, and results. Provide a single contact point/receptive ear for International staff to resolve problems, follow-up on issues, sounding board on ideas, org structure etc. Effectively utilize US resources and triage across the entire Advanced Repair & Reconstruction Platform to provide support. This position will report to the Marketing Associate Director, International Marketing.
- Executes marketing programs, projects and commercial activities with a focus on assigned regions. These will include a focus on driving commercial excellence, establishing global pricing corridors and marketing segmentation and targeting activities.
- Serve as marketing team member on key product development programs.
- Develop and implement country specific growth strategies in collaboration with local and regional leadership to align with their ASR.
- Support international product launches through standardized processes for communication, commercialization strategies and tracking metrics.
- Anticipate and identify evolving market conditions and needs, develop and implement plans which direct short and long range goals and product requirements.
- Participate in and establish strategic direction for key product lines for all regions outside of the US. Work with US Marketing to assure international customer input on new product customer requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical support to international sales force, and assist in training, meetings, and conventions
- Voice of customer activities to identify and understand unmet needs across a variety of surgical specialties (including current markets and new adjacent spaces)
- Market research to inform assessment of global market opportunities and test value propositions from both the clinical and economic perspectives
- Cross-functional collaboration to build out comprehensive business plans, including:
- Financial modeling to project revenue and profit
- Regulatory pathway
- Market access and commercial strategies
- Clinical and economic evidence generation
- New product development and production plans
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required
·Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
·Minimum of 6 years marketing experience in medical device or combination drug/device industry
·Previous international experience preferred
·Influence management skills to effectively work cross-culturally.
·Ability to translate general ideas and concepts into implement able action plans and financial reports.
·Effectively prioritizes and allocates resources to drive most impactful business outcomes
·Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
·Good working knowledge of PowerPoint and forecasting and working knowledge of Excel.
·A keen ability to create and analyze market trends.
·Ability to seek out, validate, and define new product concepts.
·Demonstrated abstract and concrete problem-solving skills.
·Ability to travel internationally for up to 40% of the time and flexibility to accommodate different time zones.
BD and Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location, but is remote-based due to Covid-19. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate reporting to work at the site if/when associates are requested to return to the workplace.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA RI - Warwick
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ