Senior Pharmacy Automation Consultant (Pyxis IV Prep) PharmacistApply Now Job ID R-334440 Date posted 03/26/2019
Job Description SummaryBD solutions help standardize workflow in the central pharmacy IV room to reduce IV compounding errors and free time for pharmacy staff. They also help minimize waste. Our compounding workflow software enables formulary interoperability and helps reduce probability of errors via a combination of gravimetrics, barcode verification and a step-by-step guidance system. Available with optional, camera-based hardware, our solution provides visual documentation of vial, syringe and IV container information during each gravimetric step. Learn more: https://www.bd.com/en-us/offerings/capabilities/medication-and-supply-management/inventory-management-platforms/compounding-workflow
The Senior Consultant is experienced with the implementations at the Large Hospital/IDN level. This involves extensive customer interaction and relationship development at the Director/Key Stakeholder level. In addition, the Sr. Consultant guides the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes. Projects range in scope from large hospital to small/medium IDN level implementations requiring standardization across multiple product lines. The effective Sr. Consultant must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document and demonstrate product implementation competency. This also involves working with the customer (with focus on large hospital systems to small/medium IDN’s level customers) by gathering customer requirements, defining best practices, design decisions and policy and procedures consulting. The Sr. Consultant effectively performs the required tasks to ensure timely Go-Lives and customer satisfaction. The Sr. Consultant must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams. Project teams will include multiple disciplines from within Medication Systems and customer teams. The Sr. Consultant is a mentor for both customers and internal team members.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
Technical - 70% - Large Hospital/IDN level requirement definition, workflow design, policy/procedure definition, education, etc.
Project Management - 5% - Meetings, planning, communication, documentation
Mentoring - 20%
Administrative activity - 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN’s for BD product implementations.
- Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to a long term business relationships.
- Provide team support and product information on BD Medication Systems products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
- Must be able to manage complex customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
- Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Medication Systems products and technologies.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
- Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design.
- Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrate expertise of established BD Medical Systems Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
- Install and support BD Medical Systems Dispensing software.
- Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education.
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
- Expert with BD Medication Systems Dispensing products.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
- Ability to actively lead projects when required.
- Works independently.
- Timely completion of internal company documentation.
- Timely completion of project documentation.
- Determines own work priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
- 5 years of pharmacy experience; Pharmacist credentials preferred.
- Software implementation experience required, preferably in healthcare applications/robotics
- Workflow design, process improvement methodologies strongly preferred
- I.V. room experience a plus. Pharmacy buyer experience a plus
- Expertise in HIS/PIS systems
- Experience with Cerner and Epic a plus.
- Expertise in pharmacy and nursing workflow.
- 5 years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
- Dispensing software technology experience a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, such as BD pharmacy automation products, and exposure to solution design processes.
- Experience with integrated delivery networks/large health systems required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. This position may involve pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
- Travel may range from 60% - 80%, overnight travel.
- Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to work independently from home office.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Primary Work Location
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Drafting Engineering Jobs
- eCommerce Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Ethics & Compliance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- HEOR Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- Quality Intern Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- New Jersey Machine Operator Jobs
- New Jersey Sales Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Jobs
- New Jersey Production Jobs
- New Jersey Marketing Jobs
- New Jersey Bio Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Product Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Supply Chain Jobs
- New Jersey Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Customer Support Jobs
- New Jersey Professional Services Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Project Management Jobs
- New Jersey Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Software Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- New Jersey Research and Development Jobs
- New Jersey Finance Jobs
- New Jersey Medical Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Administrative Jobs
- New Jersey Information Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Accounting Jobs
- New Jersey EHS Jobs
- New Jersey Systems Engineering Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org