Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for Medication Management Solutions (MMS) at BD
With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
About the role
You will be assisting in the installation and maintenance of large, complex systems and helping operating staff with day to day queries and fault diagnosis either remotely or on site. Ideally, you will be a field engineer with expert communication skills, a background in mechanical/electrical devices plus network and PC skills to diagnose and resolve issues. Full training will be given.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The role of the Field Service Engineer is to assist in the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of large, complex robotic drug storage systems, conveyors, pc’s, networks, both hardware and software. Assisting operating staff with day to day queries and fault diagnosis either remotely or on site.
- The service engineer is responsible for the daily repair, servicing, and maintenance of our customers equipment. Predominately within Glasgow/Edinburgh and the surrounding areas
- Collaborate with the projects and installation teams to undertake commissioning of new customer sites.
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills. Establish and maintain good customer business relationships.
- Good communication at all levels including peers and management.
- Good self-motivator able to work own initiative as an individual or part of a team.
- Performing administrative duties including site reports, expenses, online training
- Able to trouble shoot complex issues, to determine root cause and implement resolution.
- On site or remote fault diagnosis.
- Completion of onsite planned preventative maintenance to a schedule.
- Achieve individual and team target KPI’s
- Ordering and maintaining a stock holding of parts.
- Adhering to health and safety requirements.
- Work away from home with occasional overnight stays, in UK and Ireland.
- Occasionally attend training at our European Technical Training Centre in Germany.
- On call weekend and rota working may be required.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing