Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for Biosciences at BD
BD Biosciences (BDB) is a leading provider of high-quality flow cytometry and single-cell genomics solutions, scientific research and clinical laboratories. Here, we are leading the way by developing the best technologies that have the ability to look closer at the details of cells and diseases.
About the role
The Single Cell Solution Field Applications Scientist is part of the Scientific Application Support Organisation reporting to the Team Leader scMo. You will serve as BDB Multi-Omics regional subject matter expert. You will be the Point of Contact for training, troubleshooting and supporting the customer in implementing their applications and workflows, providing basic data analysis support as well as troubleshooting and study design support.
You will also provide support for your internal associates on the “BD Total Single Cell Solution”. This will include training on Multi-Omics solutions and be the key internal partner to provide in depth knowledge. In addition, the role requires working together with Sales and Marketing to support the generation of internal and external educational material.
The territory will primarily be the United Kingdom & Ireland and will require about 60% travel. This position can work out of a home location site in the territory.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct onsite or remote customer trainings for the BD Rhapsody Single Cell Analysis Platform and its associated products and applications mainly throughout the defined territory
- Provide post-sales support such as technical consultations via remote sessions (telephone, email, videoconferences) and on-site visits.
- Guide customers in experimental design and work closely with the commercial team in pre-sales support activities.
- Perform internal training on the single-cell Multi-Omics instrumentation, assays and applications.
- Provide pre-sales support where required, for webinars/seminars, conferences and customer interactions.
- Collaborate with Marketing and the Single Cell Solutions Architects to design and develop digital learning/training materials and virtual sessions on Multi-Omics products and applications, for both internal and external purposes.
- Maintain high-level of knowledge and expertise with the BD Rhapsody technology and its competitors’ products.
- Feedback on customer findings internally to Sales and Marketing, including incident/customer complaint reporting.
- Make recommendations for improvements of the BD products and applications based on users’ feedback.
You have experience in the field of single cell analysis and practical lab experience in genomic applications such as next generation sequencing, sample prep/ library prep for genomic analysis, digital PCR and / qPCR assays. An understanding of bio-informatic analysis of NGS/scRNAseq tools. Experience with flow cytometry would be an advantage. You should also possess the following skills/qualifications;
- A PhD Degree or Master Degree in Life Sciences such as Immunology, Molecular Biology or Genetics and preferred with 2+ years of experience in a similar role in the Life Science Industry.
- Solid problem solving, analytical and time management skills
- Team-oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
- Excellent communication and social skills in order to develop strong internal and external relationships and work effectively in a matrix environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, target orientation and a drive to achieve results combined with strong commercial understanding
- Fluency in English is essential (spoken and written); knowledge of another European language is a plus
- Able and willing to undertake significant travel including international trips (up to 60%)
- Driving license
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
What we offer
We offer excellent support, various career routes, a speak-up culture, a competitive basic salary and bonus scheme, plus excellent benefits including company pension, private medical scheme, life insurance and permanent health insurance.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationGBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Additional LocationsIRL Limerick - Castletroy
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing