Bulk Manufacturing Operator I
Job Description Summary
Essential Job Functions:
Listed below are the essential job functions for the primary responsibilities that a Avitene Bulk Flour/Web Operator working within Avitene Manufacturing will perform, however, at any time manufacturing demands may require the Operator to work on a different product line which would require him/her to perform any or all of the listed additional job functions.
- Stage chemicals and equipments for compounding
- Setup and operate all equipment including Brushwasher, Centrifuge, Urschel Mill, Rotary Vacuum Dryer, Fitzmill, and Rando Webber.
- Perform in-line testing utilizing various measuring equipment, Hydrometers, Tachometers, Moisture Analyzers
- Work independently in a clean area environment with minimal supervision
- Train others on work instructions as required
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other regulatory/procedural requirements at all times
- Complete all relevant Device History Records (DHR) as required, complying with Quality System requirements
- Vacuum, clean and sanitize rooms and equipment as required
- Maintain a good attendance and on-time record as outlined in the Attendance Guidelines for our facility
- The ability to work overtime
Additional Manufacturing Job Functions:
- Assemble, inspect, and package devices per relevant operating procedures
- Operate sealing machines and automated packaging equipment
- Clean and inspect components prior to assembly or final packaging as required
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the development and implementation of lean thinking programs throughout the facility
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must be able to comprehend work instructions written in English
- Basic Math Skills
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience with chemical compounding & liquid filling preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2 or more years of experience working in a medical device/electronics assembly/packaging environment preferred
- Computer literacy is required (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to wear a respirator if required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, move, twist and bend to operate, move and clean equipment and clean room(s)
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Woburn
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 4am-1230pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ