Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe associate will support on several PLM and SAP related activities for several new product development and sustenance engineering project including line extensions, continuous improvement, capacity expansion, supply continuity, global compliance, and customer supports. This role will collaborate with the required object owners to make changes to products, processes, and/or data using a Change Master. Associate will closely work co-ordinate with R&D, marketing, operations, manufacturing plants, quality, medical affairs, and regulatory affairs functions. The role will require cross-functional connect, influencing and negotiation skills, and project management skill.
- As an ECR Requester, associate is responsible for requesting a change to product, process, and/or data through an Engineering Change Request (ECR), completely and accurately, including documenting proposed changes to each individual ECC 6.0 data object.
- As an ECM Requester, the associate is responsible for preparing a Change Master (CM), completely and accurately, including documenting proposed changes to each individual ECC 6.0 data object.
- Responsible for ECR/O strategy meetings
- ECR Creation and Co-ordination of ECR Objects such as Materials, Documents etc.
- Work seamlessly with the Change Coordinator for ECR/ECO Strategy.
- Responsible to create and Route documents in SAP for Approval
- Responsible to create and initiate Material requests
- Supporting various Platform Representatives for Material Master Data Creation with respect to MDH Workflow and R&D Master Data Element (Data Providers)
- Management of CAD Content in SAP including routing for Approval and resolving issues
- Supporting BOM Creation and Validation process and creating DMR Links in the SAP system
- Review of SAP Master Data Strategy for the Project including ECR/ECO strategy.
- Release engineering changes to the production in line with QMS procedures
- Supervised formulating, executing and consolidating ECM and existing ERP solutions.
- Establish SAP access, approvals and change processes per audit standards
- Create and update the e-DHF Doc Structure in SAP and link all associated subfolders per BD Procedures
- Coordinate with project Leaders and engineers to link the requested documents to the subfolders to Maintain e-DHF.
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures
Primary Work LocationIND Bangalore - Technology Campus
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.